Simpson's Persian Jar 2 Two Band

I am a relative newbie to DE shaving, although I have been wet-shaving with brush and cream for a number of years. With my new-found interest in the subject, I thought it fitting that I invested in a decent brush.

Following some late nights in the company of Google and a pleasant Saint Emilion, I decided that a medium sized all-rounder was what was required, and an awful lot of people seem to rave about Simpson's two band hair. The PJ2 seemed to fit the bill. So now to find one....

Noone in the UK had stock, but the big G led me to a fountain pen shop in the USA, who not only had stock, but a sale on! I think I'd have payed more from a UK retailer.

The brush arrived within the week and I got to work straight away. The first lathering was disapointing, but things soon improved as the brush cleaned itself and was ready for proper use.

It is now a lather-demon. I make lather from cream, in a shaving mug. The PJ2, whilst looking impressive on a stand, is still small enough to allow some good agitation in the mug to produce oodles of lather. It comes into its own on the face, being both luxuriously soft on the tip and yet firm enough to almost massage the lather into the pores. It is almost magical to use - a real pleasure in comparison to my previous moppy Vulfix super. I would highly recommend it, and am now a firm convert to the two band way

Back
Top Bottom