Silver Star PIF

Finally got round to trying one this morning.

After taking chunks out while shaving hungover with a feather, i left things for around 10 days to let things recover and heal completely. So this morning with about 10 days of growth, a silver star went in the Futur and got cranked out to 6 for some lawn-mowing.

No tugging or pulling most of the way, except in the usual area rolling around the chin, and even then it was no more than I experience with anything but the sharpest blades.
Not the smoothest of blades I've ever tried, and they're not going to replace the feathers or the GSB's for when I want to slow down, pamper myself and do things properly, but plenty good enough for a day to day shave...for me at least. And Certainly good enough to mow through it on those days where you just haven't bothered to or couldn't shave for a while.

Well, there's a good PIF then and more YMMV - I thought them shite. Mind, I no longer do 'good enough' or 'adequate' or 'not bad' - it's either excellent or gone!

Tried the first blade in a Black Beauty set to 3. Sharp and smooth. Close enough after 2 passes plus touch up atg. Discarded the blade after 4 days. Second blade in a 38c (with 2 shims) . Felt scratchy as I was using it but the end result was a good close shave. I may try the box set to 4 tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom