Signature Soaps Glycerin Shaving Soap

The soft Signature soaps are right up there in my favourites, and I've amassed half-a-dozen different ones. I've actually managed to use up another soap (not Signature) which, looking at the label, has taken me about 5 years, and I bethought myself to find a replacement.

Ranging through the Signature soaps to see whether I'd missed any, I discovered some glycerine soaps towards the end of the listings. I also like hard(ish) soaps, and those with glycerine in them, so the logical step was to order one. I chose "Lime Lemon Lemongrass Sweet Orange & Lavender".

The soap arrived in a large polyprop. tub (white, not black) with the trademark Signature label. When I say "large", I mean that the minimum content is 190g, at a price that can only be described as "generous". With it was an equally generous Eboracum sample; a nice touch.

It is, in my view, a superb soap. I like the scents it contains anyway, and these somehow work together to produce a scent which is noticeable whilst not overpowering, and adds olfactory pleasure to the experience. I lathered a 400 synthetic from the tub, and then worked it up in a bowl. This soap produces a rich, creamy lather with very little effort, and gives terrific glide or slickness; such that I was able to get round in 1 pass and a touch-up with a Homelike .90 OC razor. That instrument can produce some smarting, even with the best preparation, but with this soap, it skated over the skin whilst mowing down the stubble. After a cold water rinse, it also left the skin somehow feeling smoother and refreshed

It'll be my Sunday morning treat tomorrow.

The soft Signature soaps are right up there in my favourites, and I've amassed half-a-dozen different ones. I've actually managed to use up another soap (not Signature) which, looking at the label, has taken me about 5 years, and I bethought myself to find a replacement.

Ranging through the Signature soaps to see whether I'd missed any, I discovered some glycerine soaps towards the end of the listings. I also like hard(ish) soaps, and those with glycerine in them, so the logical step was to order one. I chose "Lime Lemon Lemongrass Sweet Orange & Lavender".

The soap arrived in a large polyprop. tub (white, not black) with the trademark Signature label. When I say "large", I mean that the minimum content is 190g, at a price that can only be described as "generous". With it was an equally generous Eboracum sample; a nice touch.

It is, in my view, a superb soap. I like the scents it contains anyway, and these somehow work together to produce a scent which is noticeable whilst not overpowering, and adds olfactory pleasure to the experience. I lathered a 400 synthetic from the tub, and then worked it up in a bowl. This soap produces a rich, creamy lather with very little effort, and gives terrific glide or slickness; such that I was able to get round in 1 pass and a touch-up with a Homelike .90 OC razor. That instrument can produce some smarting, even with the best preparation, but with this soap, it skated over the skin whilst mowing down the stubble. After a cold water rinse, it also left the skin somehow feeling smoother and refreshed

It'll be my Sunday morning treat tomorrow.

Thank you, have a great weekend

Back
Top Bottom