Show me your UFO Handles!

Hey everyone I'm interested in a UFO handle to possible pair with my Weber DLC head.

I wanted to see all of yours as I'm not keen on the photos on the blog. I'm thinking about a U2 but can't tell from the blog if there available in different metals.

Plus the search function doesn't bring up much!

I bought mine from a seller on here last week, the UFO Godzilla. i would love to post a pic, I've paired it with a Muhle R41 head, but as of yesterday I just can't find it. Bugger.

My UFO with a 1940s Stainless Steel Simplex razor. Its a Gillette tech clone but in stainless![attachment=5443][attachment=5444]

Attachments

• L1000458.JPG
    L1000458.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 132
  • L1000460.JPG
    L1000460.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 108
Mmmm... so you are interested in UFO handles to use with your Weber head... I think I can help you a bit, take a look :icon_rolleyes:

This is an extra-long UFO U2 handle that I bought to Rafael artisan some time ago (yes, I like looong handles :icon_razz:), and as you can see some times I use it fitted with a Weber ARC head with excelent results. The handle is about 12 mm. caliber and 100 mm. long.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Sir_eider said:
Mmmm... so you are interested in UFO handles to use with your Weber head... I think I can help you a bit, take a look :icon_rolleyes:

This is an extra-long UFO U2 handle that I bought to Rafael artisan some time ago (yes, I like looong handles :icon_razz:), and as you can see some times I use it fitted with a Weber ARC head with excelent results. The handle is about 12 mm. caliber and 100 mm. long.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Gosh.... That is pretty! I am leaning towards the U2 but what length handle? Daz's handle he has lent me is around 100mm, which does feel great, but I just don't know! I wish I could get one in red bronze. Although I am not sure how it would look with my black Weber head.

Sir_eider said:

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Sheeesh, I like that darn handle a LOT. I'm finding using a long handle is really quite pleasant, and that thing is beautiful as well. Definitely the one I'd choose.

Martin

dodgy said:
Sir_eider said:

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Sheeesh, I like that darn handle a LOT. I'm finding using a long handle is really quite pleasant, and that thing is beautiful as well. Definitely the one I'd choose.

Martin

Apparently he doesn't do a U2 XL anymore :(

mattyb240 said:
dodgy said:
Sir_eider said:

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Martin

Apparently he doesn't do a U2 XL anymore :(

What weight is the handle please?

A - W said:
[What weight is the handle please?

Yeah, I've thought more than once that this beautiful piece might be too heavy for my druthers. It's gotta be over 100g.....probably a bunch more.

I really don't know if the shave would be to my liking with that sorta balance going on, I think the base screws off and the razor can be used with something lighter that's included.

The long handle Weber is around 60g, and that's a good weight for me. Gives me a better feeling in my hand for sure, and it's still light enough to keep from making the razor too handle heavy.

Dang UFO thing shore is purty though,

Sheeeesh

dodgy said:
Yeah, I've thought more than once that this beautiful piece might be too heavy for my druthers. It's gotta be over 100g.....probably a bunch more.

I really don't know if the shave would be to my liking with that sorta balance going on, I think the base screws off and the razor can be used with something lighter that's included.

The long handle Weber is around 60g, and that's a good weight for me. Gives me a better feeling in my hand for sure, and it's still light enough to keep from making the razor too handle heavy.

Dang UFO thing shore is purty though,

Sheeeesh

Martin, Martin, Martin

Stop torturing yourself. You must be black and blue with bruises from your UFO ape by now.

Just give in gracefully, purchase, sit back and relax. Your ape will be calm and the world will be a happier place.

Hope this helps.

Tall_Paul said:
Martin, Martin, Martin

Stop torturing yourself. You must be black and blue with bruises from your UFO ape by now.

Just give in gracefully, purchase, sit back and relax. Your ape will be calm and the world will be a happier place.

Hope this helps.

Well Paul, when you put it that way, it makes all the sense in the world. Yes, I admit to having a few unpleasant simian situations over this piece. I'd like to give the cheeky monkey a 'flying lesson' which consists of a little 'hands on' kinda technique, but I gotta think of the future when he's bigger.

So thanks fo........hey, wait a darn minute here. I know what's goin on. You were tryin one of them there mind tricks on me! Yeah, playing me just like those Star War boobs who fell for that spiel, Hah, I get it, you sly enabler you. Very sneaky plan, which you know I like.

I'll remember this the next time you try that 'voice of reason' routine

A - W said:
What weight is the handle please?

My handle have 86 g. weight, 16 more than a regular U2 handle. It doesn't feel too much heavy in hand, I can assure that.

A shame that he won't made U2 handles any more by the way, it seems that he is focusing in thicker ones. But you can try to contact him and ask for that request, because sometimes he accepts personalized works. For example, recently he has finished a handle mirror finished without knurling for a customer.

Anyway, a Kaiser handle is similar in design and long (100 mm.) and the only difference is about caliber (13mm. for 12 mm. of U2) and knob and still is only a bit heavier than mine (91 gr. weight)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom