Show me your custom brushes...

Guys, having a custom brush on order from Rudy Vey I thought it would be good to start a thread to show off some custom brushes. Doesn't matter if they aren't made by a known custom maker, they can be self made by all means! Badger, synthetic, boar...let's see them!

Here are my 3 custom aluminium brushes
idapna.jpg

2 on the left arrived today! :)

this one i kind of designed - though parts were poorly briefed to the maker - but it turned out great none the less
2h67f3s.jpg

Actually its just dawned on me - All my brushes are custom, my other 2 are Rod Neep Dreadnought and a Horn Handled one another forum member here.

Ben88 said:
Damn that's a nice pair of rubberset's.....said the actress to the Bishop.

They are NOT actual rubbersets mate - custom 400's (as i like to call em to prevent legal action) - custom made for me by a friend from school days ;)

Thanks for the comments though :D

Custom 400's just didn't quite fit the pun as well as rubberset's :icon_wink:

Seriously though, they are very nice indeed. What's the knot in them?

Ben88 said:
Custom 400's just didn't quite fit the pun as well as rubberset's :icon_wink:

Seriously though, they are very nice indeed. What's the knot in them?

they are all 26mm silvertips - just different suppliers (all fairly short loft 46-49mm)

Och, I've pictured mine on here a few times but heck, you did ask....

Hand-carved from wooden wood off trees. Just a saw, axe and knife to shape the handle - no sandpaper at all. I did use a drill press and Forstner bit for the knot hole. The wood started off in the log which I either get from foraging, pruning trees where people have asked me to do so or the local council workers when I've heard them at it with their chainsaws.

Made a while ago as my hands aren't what they were.

11775879624_c97f478e56_z.jpg

The above is Beech believe it or not. Dark heartwood from a very old storm felled tree with evidence of the wood starting to change chemically without loss of solidity, hence the colour changes and marbling.

8647768823_98e077b22b_z.jpg

Ash wood barbershop style. I call this 'Olympic' Ash as it was from boughs of a large Ash that was heavily pruned by the council to make sure the Olympic torch parade in 2012 could get down the road safely enough. Okay so the link is tenuous but a local farmer in nearby Roslin started selling 'Da Vinci manure' when all the fuss was going on after the Chapel was featured in the that film with wosisname.

8640549912_c45d882498_z.jpg

The same dark Beech in a brush made for my soon to be ex-wife. It's a bit of shedder but hey, karma's a bitch. Simpsons Colonel for scale.

8655212593_5e50fb923b_z.jpg

Two from the same 'Olympic Ash' made for Carl aka Bechet45. Carl knotted these himself and took the picture.

They're all rather rustic as there are no power tools save the drill for the knot hole. I would have used an auger or a bit and brace if I had the correct sizes in my toolbox. It's just hand and eye and shavings everywhere!

Anyhoo, apologies for showing them again.....:icon_rolleyes::blush::angel:

Gairdner said:
Och, I've pictured mine on here a few times but heck, you did ask....

Hand-carved from wooden wood off trees. Just a saw, axe and knife to shape the handle - no sandpaper at all. I did use a drill press and Forstner bit for the knot hole. The wood started off in the log which I either get from foraging, pruning trees where people have asked me to do so or the local council workers when I've heard them at it with their chainsaws.

Made a while ago as my hands aren't what they were.

11775879624_c97f478e56_z.jpg

The above is Beech believe it or not. Dark heartwood from a very old storm felled tree with evidence of the wood starting to change chemically without loss of solidity, hence the colour changes and marbling.

8647768823_98e077b22b_z.jpg

Ash wood barbershop style. I call this 'Olympic' Ash as it was from boughs of a large Ash that was heavily pruned by the council to make sure the Olympic torch parade in 2012 could get down the road safely enough. Okay so the link is tenuous but a local farmer in nearby Roslin started selling 'Da Vinci manure' when all the fuss was going on after the Chapel was featured in the that film with wosisname.

8640549912_c45d882498_z.jpg

The same dark Beech in a brush made for my soon to be ex-wife. It's a bit of shedder but hey, karma's a bitch. Simpsons Colonel for scale.

8655212593_5e50fb923b_z.jpg

Two from the same 'Olympic Ash' made for Carl aka Bechet45. Carl knotted these himself and took the picture.

They're all rather rustic as there are no power tools save the drill for the knot hole. I would have used an auger or a bit and brace if I had the correct sizes in my toolbox. It's just hand and eye and shavings everywhere!

Anyhoo, apologies for showing them again.....:icon_rolleyes::blush::angel:

Thank you for showing them again! Excellent work!

P1050336_zps85c25c31.jpg

P1050335_zpsc1cfb87d.jpg

Three Rod Neep creations. Left to right we have:
1.Elm Burl barrel (the Pater) with a 1940 Penny Farthing for my Dad (alas he passed before I could give it him).
2. Faux Tortoiseshell Dreadnought with a 1967 Threepenny Bit (for me).
3.Boxwood Barbershop style (Son & Heir) with a 2013 pound coin for my son.

Known by me as the Troika!

Here's my Bill Jack Le Tuft brush a Chubby 1.5 clone & bowl in Lignum Vitae with a two band 24mm knot and a 46mm loft, plus my other Bill Jack Le Tuft another take on my Simpsons P8 only in Blue marble with a Shavemac D01 silvertip 26mm knot 48mm loft.

Back
Top Bottom