Should I hear the blade?

In my experience the more efficient a razor & blade combo the less audible feedback you will get...I have personally found whilst there are other variables that the blade exposure has a lot to do with it...That is to say on the horizontal plane..For example...A Schick G Type injector will offer more audible feedback than a Schick Type E ..This is because the Type E has more blade exposure than the G Type and therefore its more aggressive & cutting more efficiently..:).

The comb on the Type G sits further forward on the horizontal plane to make it milder...Thus...There is more of blade gap on the horizontal plane...That means that there is more resistance between the whiskers and the blade & also the blade has less support from the frame ..Here is the thing.... You are losing the straight cutting edge of your blade ...This is but one example as there are many others...A bigger blade gap on the horizontal plane usually offers more audible feedback ...This phenomenon is vary apparent with Older SEs that use Hollow Ground Blades...As time went on the Razor manufacturer's aspired to make them milder with a Blade Gap on the Horizontal plane...The earlier ones were quiet as a Ninja because these methods were unheard of ...DE razors also utilize the vertical plane a lot more than SE s and that causes major issues as well...:eek:

In the original Safety Razor Designs there was little gap on the horizontal or vertical plane because they were looking for the cutting power of a straight edge blade..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom