Shipping Costs for DE blades

Out of interest I used to think that there was a shipping charge to pay for blades including sample packs. I got some blades from Connaught and to my surprise shipping was free. Checked tonight and now costs £2.50 regardless of sample pack or not. :huh: I see there has been a slight price increase too on the sample packs for info. Maybe this was an error and shipping should have been charged but just an observation that it has changed.

The shave shack has free postage

As an aside, wondered where the cartridge blades are made, e.g. Gillette in Russian plant or somewhere else?

I think maybe with the recent postage increases, retailers just aren't willing to shoulder the cost of postage anymore... it was probably doable when a packet could be sent for a pound odd, but a small packet is now up to well over £2 just on postage, let alone the packing.

On your second question yes, many of the top end Gillette cartridges (Fusion and Mach 3 certainly) are made at St Petersburg Products. Some of the cheaper cartridges are made in India, I know the Gillette Guard and Gillette Vector are. Makes sense seeing as their main market is in the region.

It's alway amazed me how international razors and blades have alway been. Just look at the straight razors and where the iron or steel was make and then where the razor was actually formed. The same with blades now . Interesting why it developed that way.

OK thanks for the replies everyone. Interesting to know. In the past I never got on with Wilkinson carts but Gillette were better and lasted longer too. No surprise then we have topics about which blade works and how longevity differs between the various makes. :)

Now thinking about the various supermarket/chemist brands' blades like Tesco matrix etc...

Back
Top Bottom