Shaving to bearded has anyone gone back to shaving?

I’ve gone from a daily shaver to full on beard. Started growing it in November but like the look and the extra time not shaving. I’m literally just shaving my neck line and cleaning up the cheek lines now every other day.

I wanted to know if anyone has returned to shaving after having a beard or should I clear some space and sell the hundreds and soaps and splashes I’ve accumulated over the last decade?

I’ve gone from a daily shaver to full on beard. Started growing it in November but like the look and the extra time not shaving. I’m literally just shaving my neck line and cleaning up the cheek lines now every other day.

I wanted to know if anyone has returned to shaving after having a beard or should I clear some space and sell the hundreds and soaps and splashes I’ve accumulated over the last decade?
Bitcoin Crypto GIF by Jeff Dunham

Nice to see you back on the forum, Steve.

I would at least hang on to a few of your favourite examples from each type of shaving tool.

If you plan to sell any vintage Gillette Platinum or Super Silver blades let me know!

I grew a beard last year and over the last few months I've been shaving once a week or so.
Having a beard was enjoyable. I wasn't enjoying spending as much time shaving in the bathroom as I used to do. After a while the beard becomes a PITA, especially in the summer months.

I don't know how much shaving gear you have built up, but if you have a lot of stuff you can't see yourself using again, won't miss, or can then easily replace sell those or PIF them. I'd say keep things you can't easily replace for now at least.

I've noticed some people when they lose interest in their hobbies shift all their gear, it depends whether one is that way inclined. I'm a little more of a hoarder, so I tend to hang onto things longer than I should. I myself would rather have a few more boxes of stuff than none at all, but we are all different!

Good luck on making the decision on whether to keep or shift your gear. If you have too many NOS blades on your hands, feel free to share some of those with Uncle Donnie...

Yes, I have

After a good few years...

I grew a beard last year and over the last few months I've been shaving once a week or so.
Having a beard was enjoyable. I wasn't enjoying spending as much time shaving in the bathroom as I used to do. After a while the beard becomes a PITA, especially in the summer months.

I don't know how much shaving gear you have built up, but if you have a lot of stuff you can't see yourself using again, won't miss, or can then easily replace sell those or PIF them. I'd say keep things you can't easily replace for now at least.

I've noticed some people when they lose interest in their hobbies shift all their gear, it depends whether one is that way inclined. I'm a little more of a hoarder, so I tend to hang onto things longer than I should. I myself would rather have a few more boxes of stuff than none at all, but we are all different!

Good luck on making the decision on whether to keep or shift your gear. If you have too many NOS blades on your hands, feel free to share some of those with Uncle Donnie...
I have amassed quite a bit over the years but not sure much of it is still in production stuff. I am a bit of a hoarder and struggle to get rid of stuff so maybe I just need to box more out of sight as it were and marvel at all the new space to hoard more stuff.

I have amassed quite a bit over the years but not sure much of it is still in production stuff. I am a bit of a hoarder and struggle to get rid of stuff so maybe I just need to box more out of sight as it were and marvel at all the new space to hoard more stuff.
That's exactly what I would do.
I was going through my stuff for things to sell and decided only on razors as there are a few that just don't suit my sensitive skin.
None of my blades and very few soaps and creams would get sold on.

I may out a few razors on the B/S/T here if I get round to it.

I quite often grow a beard but beards are annoyingly itchy so they never last long.

And it's just too tempting to shave it off with a straight razor, effortlessly slicing through the growth.

Back
Top Bottom