Shaving scuttle

Not every day, I'm more of a face latherer but if I have more time over the weekend or it takes my fancy then the scuttle comes out and I whip some up.

Last edited:
This is a Steve Woodhead mega scuttle.
3f608fd0a6251a6423c1477f160ced4a.jpg

Latherlicious!

What - you have the Tondeo DE (Schick Platinum clone)!!
Jealous!

Well, first run following Nishy's instructions. Thanks Nishy. What luxury to have warm lather!
View attachment 19222 View attachment 19223
Very nice scuttle my friend. I find the trick to acquire yoghurt lather is to let all the bubbly pre lather spill over the sides, then swirl the brush pushing against the sides of the scuttle, drawing a thicker lather build at the base. Using just the tips circulate around this base leaving the sides of the scuttle and you should collect some seriously good lather. Also water in the holder shouldn't be boiling hot as it will just dehydrate the lather between passes. When adding water to build your lather you can even use the bloom water to increase slickness. If adding soap to the scuttle make sure to spread it across the grooves. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very nice scuttle my friend. I find the trick to acquire yoghurt lather is to let all the bubbly pre lather spill over the sides, then swirl the brush pushing against the sides of the scuttle, drawing a thicker lather build at the base. Using just the tips circulate around this base leaving the sides of the scuttle and you should collect some seriously good lather. Also water in the holder shouldn't be boiling hot as it will just dehydrate the lather between passes. When adding water to build your lather you can even use the bloom water to increase slickness. If adding soap to the scuttle make sure to spread it across the grooves. Enjoy! :)

Nishy, great advice as always as I think I did suffer from a bit too much water as the bubbles revealed. I can't believe the difference with warm lather it takes my shaving to a different level. Can't wait for my new brush!!!

Nishy, great advice as always as I think I did suffer from a bit too much water as the bubbles revealed. I can't believe the difference with warm lather it takes my shaving to a different level. Can't wait for my new brush!!!
It certainly is a more luxurious feel IMO, although that said a cold shave is quite enjoyable weather depending. Obviously the scuttle can do both. Really is a great tool. Large enough to put your brush face down in the middle to pre soak and the construction doesn't have me worrying about damaging high end brush tips. Just don't drop it! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom