Shaving.ie - Silvertip Brush by Traditional Shaving Supplies

Hi gents,

I'm after a new shaving brush. At the minute I'm using a Vulfix Best Badger, which is okay but I'm after a Silvertip. Through my browsing I've come across this brush http://www.shaving.ie/products/Silvertip-Brush-by-Traditional-Shaving-Supplies.html

It seems to fit the bill and it won't break the bank. I wondered if anybody on here had any experience of this brush.

Alternatively I wondered if anybody could recommend a silvertip brush for between £30-£50.

Well it's a no brand brush, so you don't know whether it's any good or not or what the quality is like. Also the loft isn't quoted, so you've no idea how floppy it will be. At 23mm knot it looks a bit tall, but pics aren't very helpful, especially when the handle size isn't provided either.

I'd recommend a Simpson Duke 2 in Best. Not silvertip, but soft enough to be, will perform as well as one, will be dense and have decent backbone. I found silvertips too moppy or floppy. If that's what you want, then maybe a Rooney 1/1.

For £50 I'd go for a Colonel 2XL. Simpsons best hair is fantastic.

If you want to go cheap then I'd get a few Frank shaving brushes.

If you want to up your budget a little (you may be be able to get something in the £50 mark, just depends on knot type) then speak to Beejay and see what he can do. He has made me 2 customs and they are genuine masterpieces compared to what you can buy off the shelf.

As i have said before Bill (Beejay) does fantastic custom work, and Peter (Fido) New Forest brushes give you the biggest "Bang For Your Buck"

i have some from both and they are ALL awesome Brushes, these two boys will see you right :icon_razz:

Steve

Back
Top Bottom