Shaving Gift

Next week is my son's birthday so I thought I would hook him up with some equipment. I bought him a Merkur 34C, Tweezerman badger brush, Old Spice with Lime (from India) shaving cream and 50 Derby's. Thought I would try to get him hooked on the wet shave!

sounds like a good present... i'd probably have got some personnas rather than derby's as they are a tiny bit smoother and more consistent.. but generally sounds like a superb setup. I started out on a pretty much identical set:

-merkur 1904 (same head profile as the 34c)
-derby's (quickly replaced with alternatives)
-old spice shaving cream tube
-tweezerman pure badger brush

worked well for me for about a year.

GodRej Lime creme is good stuff!..I have the original and Old Spice lime and original as well..even GodRej CakeSoap (hard version)..ALL good n cheap! :shave lathers all VERY easily

Blades

I've got a tube of Godrej kicking about somewhere, I think it was a PIF from FatherTed. I must dig it out.

Anyway, great present! That Merkur was my first razor and is still joint favourite. Nice to see you got him Derbies, it shows you have a sense of humour and that you particularly like practical jokes. ;)

The reason I gave him the Derby's is because before I tried other blades, I bought 100 Derby's. Sort of depleting my stock so I can go out and purchase others. Its a good place for him to start anyway.

Ironically, he has a full beard! He keeps shaving it off and then growing it. I'm hoping he will shave it off, hence the gift. Does this make me a bad person?? :D

Back
Top Bottom