Shaving creams

Used the cream every day since picking up from the post office on Saturday. I was amazed at the amount of lather I got from a small amount of cream. Overall the shaving cream preformed very well, I have dry skin and it did leave my face dry. With how easy the cream lathers and size of tub it would be great for travel.

I bowl lathered Lime scented version today using a YaQi Cashmere brush. Here's my initial thoughts:

Lathering - Would lather itself probably - 5/5
Scent - An initial hit of lime and grapefruit which mellows out. Medium strength - 4/5
Glide - Certainly very slick for a cream - 4.5/5
Cushion - Felt a little lacking. A couple of weapers, although I was rushing - 2.5/5
Post Shave - A little balm needed, but certainly not drying - 3.5/5

I will finalise the above after another shave. Probably trying a little less water to see if there is potentially more cushion

bc8e7be23d93eb65abdac440d13d3322.jpg

I tried again earlier this week after deliberately using TOBS Sandalwood the day before as a benchmark. I also added less water.

Lathering - Would lather itself probably - 5/5
Scent - An initial hit of lime and grapefruit which mellows out. Very pleasant. Medium strength - 5/5
Glide - Still very slick, but using less water reduced it a fraction - 4/5
Cushion - Much better now. As good as any cream I've tried - 4.5/5
Post Shave - A little balm needed, but certainly not drying - 3.5/5

Much better this time. The scent and ease of lathering are definitely stand out, post shave is only the area slightly below the rest, but still more than acceptable. I have to admit that I like the simple gimmick free presentation, a perfect size for travelling too. All in all I would rate this cream as good as anything from the 3Ts.

I like the scent of Leodis very much.
The packaging looks really luxurious and the ''bowl'' itself is quite fine, it's not like you swirl in it with a brush so it really doesn't matter imho what does it come in. I actually like the ''soft'' plastic - it seems harder to break.
The cream itself is super easy to lather, and the slickness is alright. In my opinion, it lacks cushion/density, which I don't like. Post shave was medium, not bad and not outstanding.
But, all in all, it's a good product. I had a couple of good shaves with it.
I am not sure would I pay 12 pounds for it though. TOBS, for instance, goes for less and I would not say this cream outperforms the TOBS. Can't say about Truefit, Geo F etc as I haven't tried those products.
That is just my own opinion.

Thanks Matthew for the great opportunity and wish the best of luck with the cream in the future.

Back
Top Bottom