Shaving bumps

Afternoon chaps
Just thought I'd post asking for abit of advice,
Since changing to shaving with a shavette (I know I know ) my skin has been a lot clearer and healthier looking.
However I can't seem to get rid of little red bumps around my neck.
I do all the obvious prep prior to shaving , hot shower and face scrub, currently using arko shaving soap and finishing with alum block and lucky tiger face tonic, like I say my face feels smooth and soft i just can't get rid of these pesky red spots.
Does anyone else suffer with this and what remedy worked best for yourselves?
I'm debating trying the White proraso shaving soap and maybe even the pre shave cream.
Any suggestions welcome
Many thanks all
Maybe try some sensitive shaving oil under the shaving cream.It will help protect the problem area.

Try to use a fresh (and easy to preapre) solution of water an backing soda. One teaspoon (not full) in about 300 ml water, not warm and not too cold, shake it or mix it and simply wash your face and your neck with it. Time to time, after you wash your face with a gentle face cleanser (never use regular soap, the bumpies are, sometimes, the reaction of a dry skin (even though your skin is mixt). So, degrease your face, rinse thoroughly and last time apply this solution as a final rinsing. You can use the soda also as a scrub (avoid eye area) your face will look healthy and all the red signs will disappear. Once a week (as a scrub) and 3-4 times per week as solution. Don t put clean water again after the soda solution. Use a hidratant, never perfumed and watch out with the face toner, don t use it daily because your skin needs at least a small quantity of sebum (which remains even after you clean with a face cleaner) but the toner will always let your skin too "clean". And that doesn t mean healthy. Same solution (water and backing soda) can be also used for a sensitive scalp and hair as a shampoo, you ll be amazed after few weeks about the result. The condition is to rinse the hair, last time with water and 2-3 spoon of vinegar (natural one) in order to clean the chalk (calkar, limestone) that that clog hair follicles - a HUGE cause of hair loss as the hair root is suffocated by the limestone that makes deposits on the scalp. Put a glass or a recipient with backing soda in your bathroom to have it there every time you need. Cheap, easy and with amazing results. Let us know!
I've never heard of using baking soda before.Interesting.

I've never heard of using baking soda before.Interesting.
Jack, try it once, make a gommage, a scrub. Wash your face with warm water, wet your fingers, put them in soda and with that amount massage your face gently, for at least 1 minute. The sensation when you rinse the face will be the best answer. And after one month and few times using the b.soda as a solution above or peeling as a powder, you ll see the results. It s such an amazing product, as simple and underrated as it is!

it is not myth, it is what I experienced since years. it is not a miracle, but it helps, this topic is about easy solution to clean and maintain our skin healthy, nothing more. It s about some logic chemistry and reactions, about base and acid, and the balance. etc. Read about, no myths at all. Regarding your link, my advice was just to keep your hair clean and your scalp healthy with a natural and cheap solution. If you want to buy aminexil to clean out the limescale from your hair root and you think that the vinegar cannot disolve it, you re free to buy what you like. That doesn t mean a natural idea, used since decades by others, is a bullshit.

Last edited:
it is not myth, it is what I experienced since years. it is not a miracle, but it helps. if you believe in all the real bullshits from the teleshopping, it s okay, try them all. It about chemistry and reactions, about bae and acid and the balance between them, no myths at all...

And in which peer reviewed medical journal did you publish this?

And in which peer reviewed medical journal did you publish this?
my skin is the living proof. I don t need to publish somewhere and I appreciate your humor. Have a nice evening and try to find in every bullshit here, something that might help you someday. It s more useful than putting unsalted words here...

Jack, try it once, make a gommage, a scrub. Wash your face with warm water, wet your fingers, put them in soda and with that amount massage your face gently, for at least 1 minute. The sensation when you rinse the face will be the best answer. And after one month and few times using the b.soda as a solution above or peeling as a powder, you ll see the results. It s such an amazing product, as simple and underrated as it is!
Thankyou for sharing with us.It's definitely a new one to me.

You coul
Afternoon chaps
Just thought I'd post asking for abit of advice,
Since changing to shaving with a shavette (I know I know ) my skin has been a lot clearer and healthier looking.
However I can't seem to get rid of little red bumps around my neck.
I do all the obvious prep prior to shaving , hot shower and face scrub, currently using arko shaving soap and finishing with alum block and lucky tiger face tonic, like I say my face feels smooth and soft i just can't get rid of these pesky red spots.
Does anyone else suffer with this and what remedy worked best for yourselves?
I'm debating trying the White proraso shaving soap and maybe even the pre shave cream.
Any suggestions welcome
Many thanks all
You could also use several hot flannels before adding the shaving oil & cream.I used to do this all the time & got amazing shaves with no irritation.I might possibly start it again because the results are worth it.The hot flannel & oil really soften up the bristles & they should come off very easily,almost effortless.

I'll try the hot flannel and oil. I have always got shaving bumps on my neck no matter how gentle and careful I am. Things are better if i leave it a few days before shaving again. I heard asprin mixed in water clears them fast?

N
I'll try the hot flannel and oil. I have always got shaving bumps on my neck no matter how gentle and careful I am. Things are better if i leave it a few days before shaving again. I heard asprin mixed in water clears them fast?
Never heard about aspirin with water.Yeah pal,just take it very slowly & be sure to be thorough pre shave.
It's well worth it if you have the time.Plenty of warm water before applying the oil & be sure to massage this in before applying the cream/soap/gel or what have you.

I also heard that if you have a bad outbreak to give your skin a few days rest and use an electric to keep hair under control in the meantime. I don't like electrics at all but have a philashave just to give a quick once over with when resting my skin. Been doing this for years even with cartridges.

Can you recommend a decent pre- shave oil? I bought some proraso pre-shave cream in Italy last week and it's ok but not as slick as oil.

There are several shaving oils to try.Trial & error really but go for the ones (don't mean to state the obvious)that are suited to sensitive skin.
I'm thinking that you might be better with trying a cold water only shave because it can give less irritation.It's up to you, but try to go through each potential shaving irritation separately. The idea is to identify the issue.So my suggestion would be wait for couple of days+ iff possible then exfoliate with a very mild kind facial scrub then apply the shaving oil thoroughly before applying the cream or gel.Take it slowly,minium pressure & just do the two passes.In time,very soon,you will find out the problem.Don't worry though because it can be amended.:) In this situation the post shave is very important (it is anyway for everyone) Be careful not to irritate the skin once its shaved.Again,trail & error.Jack

Last edited:
OP, if you like the shavette get a straight, a cheap Gold Dollar from ebay would do the job just as well as anything else. Or find a decent vintage straight. They're much more forgiving than a shavette. A mild DE is alos a good idea. My neck has always had red bumps/rashes and its clearing up with a straight. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom