Shaving bowl

Anyone know where, in the UK i can get a bowl like this:

il_570xN507296413_mrlw_zps7ee202eb.jpg

Available in the USA but quite costly. Would love a bowl like this or similar. Ta

That's an English vendor which also says that it ships from London (I've ordered from them). Did you click the 'here' bit of my previous post?

Lb1 said:
That's an English vendor which also says that it ships from London (I've ordered from them). Did you click the 'here' bit of my previous post?

Hi

I contacted them and they said that item ships from the USA. If you click to purchase it states that it ships from the USA

Lb1 said:
acer1986 said:
Lb1 said:
Are you sure your clicking the 'here' part of my post? They make all the pottery themselves and are UK based. It even says it ships from the UK?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CaractacusPots?section_id=10578471&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6

Yea, the one you linked to is from the UK but the one i have shown in the picture is from the USA

So does that not answer your question? One similar from the UK?

Thanks but its not quite the same shape but cheers anyway

The apothecary one looks similar to me but it's your choice. It would be worth contacting them as they/she is quite accommodating.

Lb1 said:
The apothecary one looks similar to me but it's your choice. It would be worth contacting them as they/she is quite accommodating.

Thanks. I have done that. Will see what she says. Cheers

Me? I have a set of four, all with lids ... one lid is broken and so I have a bowl free ... or do I have four lids and three bowls? I'll check ...

No, I have four lids and three bowls ... four bowls would be useful, two are useful ... three are no use, so one is up for grabs if you want it.

DSC05676.JPG

DSC05677.JPG

I'm in no rush to sell, so if you find something elsewhere ... go for it.

If you're interested, make me an offer. Postage is the cost to factor in. Make me an offer plus £4 postage.

pjgh said:
Me? I have a set of four, all with lids ... one lid is broken and so I have a bowl free ... or do I have four lids and three bowls? I'll check ...

No, I have four lids and three bowls ... four bowls would be useful, two are useful ... three are no use, so one is up for grabs if you want it.

DSC05676.JPG

DSC05677.JPG

I'm in no rush to sell, so if you find something elsewhere ... go for it.

If you're interested, make me an offer. Postage is the cost to factor in. Make me an offer plus £4 postage.

Awesome! What is the diameter and height please?

Gah! You don't want much, do you? :D

Downstairs ... top up drink (Whisky & Ginger Wine, BTW) ...

6cm high - that's bottom of the base up to the lip
11cm wide - that's the width of the opening

Drop a puck into that, lid on to save it.

How's that?

pjgh said:
Gah! You don't want much, do you? :D

Downstairs ... top up drink (Whisky & Ginger Wine, BTW) ...

6cm high - that's bottom of the base up to the lip
11cm wide - that's the width of the opening

Drop a puck into that, lid on to save it.

How's that?

Sounds ideal. Now, how much including postage? Best price! lol Oh, and i dont really need the lid.

... so I'll have two spare lids? And I thought I was doing you a favour :D

Mine is a Denby Ode lidded soup bowl - you can google that, eBay it, whatever ... having a quick look, I don't think £12 posted second class is a bad deal. It's no longer produced, so on the vintage market. eBay it and take your chances with an auction, but mine is here if you want it. £12 posted second class ... no time scale if you want to try you luck with an auction first ... unless I break another one, in which case the deal is off. You know the diameters so can bid with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom