Shaving Balm for really sensitive Skin?

Any advice on this?

I have the Prof Blightys one and one from boots and both give me a warm feeling on my face which I generally know means bad reaction for me, I still use them but would love to find a product that just soothes and moisturises my face.

So any recommendations?

I use L'Occitane Bavx shaving balm, and it's very kind and soothing on your skin, in fact I had a twin pack, each tube retails for over £23, there's one going on the Bay right now, get yourself a bargain.

Jamie.

I have some sensitive skin and the problem I got is that I have combination skin and my skin gets very dry after I shave. I've tried Nivea ASB and that was really bad for my skin, burned like crazy. So after some tries with diffrent products I come to the conclusion that Alum Block and an ordinary moisturizer (i.e Boots moisturizer) after my shave is the best. The alum calms the skin and the moisturizer adds moist and keep my face really smooth the whole day.

So to sum it up, Im still trying after shave balms, but as for now I stick with the alum block and moisturizer as my daily aftershave routine. I will keep this combination until I find a good replacement. Maybe Trumpers skin food?

yep.... I, like the original poster here, tend to react badly to just about any balm. In fact im finding now that i get on better with ordinary aftershave.

That said... what does work very very well for me now, is Taylor of old bond street Jermyn moisturising lotion. Its just a moisturiser, contains a little aloe vera, and it goes on with absolutely no sting, no warmth and no lasting irritation. I use this quite often now as an aftershave product.

Another thing worth trying is witch hazel. I use it as a splash after shaving, and find it calming, cooling and relieving even on my extremely reaction prone skin.

My skin reacts badly to a lot of stuff, however the witch hazel is fine (& of course Prof B will make up a scented balm with no alcohol if asked) . The Trumper's glycerine based skin food is also excellent for me as a pre and after shave preparation.

JohnnyO. \ :geek:

I know this might sound a bit odd...but razorburn and nicks n cuts when using ANY aftershave ONLY burns if there is anything to show up..if you dont get any nicks or cuts or razorburn..then AS has no burning effect even if there is alcohol..yea..my wife made some sense!.. :lol:

B

Blades said:
I know this might sound a bit odd...but razorburn and nicks n cuts when using ANY aftershave ONLY burns if there is anything to show up..if you dont get any nicks or cuts or razorburn..then AS has no burning effect even if there is alcohol..yea..my wife made some sense!.. :lol:

B

Do you ever actually read the original post in a thread you're replying to , or just randomly bash your keyboard with your face and hope for the best?

In reply to the question, try witch hazel, Jermyn Street or maybe something like aqueous cream. It's nigh on impossible to narrow down which ingredient is causing the reaction, I get burning red blotches when using certain products, I find it's just a case of trying lots of stuff and finding which works and which doesn't.

reactions to cosmetics are most always due to fragrance components - try something without any scent/fragrance; in fact if you use 'custom' AS / ASB, you could ask your purveyor to make you up a batch with no fragrance whatsoever...

You could give a try to "Myrsol Agua Balsámica", which is a Spanish product with the following ingredients:

Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Rosmarinus officinalis, thymus vulgaris, lavandula latifolia & sorbitol.

thanks all for the replies, few ideas to try, might just pick up a couple of products that look good and try them and see If I get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom