Shave soaps as preshave

Roy

Do any of you, use shaving soap as a pre Shave? It seemed to me that sonething like MWF would be good, making quite a thin lather from it ,working it around your face, then rinsing off. Then shaving with your usual soap or cream. I suggested MWF due to its lanolin content.

Do any of you, use shaving soap as a pre Shave? It seemed to me that sonething like MWF would be good, making quite a thin lather from it ,working it around your face, then rinsing off. Then shaving with your usual soap or cream. I suggested MWF due to its lanolin content.
Or just use the bloom water on your face and leave it on while you knock up your lather in your bowl. If you face lather you could use the bloom water from the top of the soap to prep your face before you take the brush to your face. :) P.

Or just use the bloom water on your face and leave it on while you knock up your lather in your bowl. If you face lather you could use the bloom water from the top of the soap to prep your face before you take the brush to your face. :) P.
Yup, this. I bloom most soaps, for ease of lathering but also in order to use the bloom water. (As for the first purpose, in my experience, some lathers are improved and some unchanged, while a very few are actually better left unbloomed before lathering up.)

Back
Top Bottom