Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil
Gibbs Frescura Marinha Shave Cream
Simpson's Ehsan 2 band
John Holler Tower Brand 11/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop .. 40 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

If there's a better performing brush out there than the Ehsan, I hope to someday find it... It just does everything well.
The Marine Fresh Cream has already become a favorite. I only bought one tube, but next time I order from Vintage Scent, there will be more!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

IMG_2110.jpg

Muhle 89
Astra Platinum
Palmolive in a bowl
AofS badger brush
Alum
Boots Freshwood AS

Cheap products as it is Monday.

French Blade what is a DFS?

Kevin

Monday

6/8 Texol No.5
Ingram cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling Balm
Floid AS

Monday evening

Hot Shower
La Toja stick
Feather (1)
Gillette Superspeed
Osma Alum
OS Lime AS

Only my second outing with the Feather, the first being in my first few weeks (days?) of DE use - and it was much better, I'm beginning to understand all the fuss with Feathers now! I love the La Toja anyway, fresh smell and great lather, combined with 3 easy passes has given me a zero irritation very close shave - especially in the stiff difficult under the chin area. I guess I'm just getting better!

Monday, 10-04-10.

Soap from Alepo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Treet carbon steel #2 - Pecksniff's Citrus shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB 444.

Afeitado04-10-10002.jpg

Tuesday

Gillette Sensor
New Forest 2201
Taylor's Rose Cream
Trumper's Limes a/s

Same as yesterday but with the Limes a/s. WTG, ATG, done and BBS.

Ian

SOTD 10/4/2010

This is another razor sent for honing that I used the Shapton Pros on, up to 30K. The Razor is a Union Cutlery Co. and when it was done, it was like a sports car - light, quick and very smooth. I was shaving so quickly that I sliced my finger, and got a small slice right under my lip. Great shave, though!

Brush: Pen Works
Razor: Union Cutlery Company
Cream: Olivia's Soap Sandalwood - it has hints of hazelnut....I felt like a snifter of Frangelico...:)
Lotion: Olivia's Soap Sandalwood

Aside from the cuts, I think I will conveniently lose this one in the mail.... :)

Image0078.jpg

Good morning,

Tuesday

Simple face wash
Gillette Tech and Feather blade
Nanny's Eucalyptus soap
Omega boar brush
Simple AS balm
Hugo Boss Hugo cologne

Not too bad. Lots of touching up with this mild razor, and had to stop in the end before I irritated my face.

Thanks

Tuesday

Hot towel and watery lather
Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort cream
New Forest 2201
Feather AS
Feather blade
L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Post-Shave Balm
Calvin Klein Eternity After-Shave

Day three with this particular blade, which is as far as I push any blade, even a Feather. The result was still a very comfortable shave. I may swap back to another razor tomorrow, just for comparison purposes.

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom