Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Semogue 2009 LE
Butler 5/8

Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus soap, plus:
RSC double concentrated cream
Musgo Real Classic a/s

Credit where it's due: a tiny amount of that RSC cream was completely effective in stabilising the soap lather. I'm not planning on using either product on its own though.

Wednesday

Merkur 34C
Derby Blade
Omega No 10005
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Taylor's Sandalwood a/s

Only my 4th ever DE shave. Significant improvement on the first three days, with better lather and a closer shave. One WTG and one ATG. The new brush also feels softer by the day. Dare I say it, but I think I'm getting the hang of this...

Wednesday
Face wash MWF soap
'New' handle with merkur travel razor head
7 o'clock sharpedge (5)
Sonnys still secret cream sample
Omega 'puro tasso' brush - still dont know the number
Nivea ASB mix with Taylors no.74 lime As

the merkur head is very gentle and fits the new nicely. Was just trying it out really testing the 7 oclock longevity. could stretch the blade another shave i think but 5th shave might be a stretch too far. Omega stays very dry i've noticed but is a soft and floppy cream brush

No way, Techs are very mild, the blade gap would be on par with a Slim/Fatboy between 1 & 2, infact I think the blade gap is the same as a Weishi.

aberimp said:
Wednesday

Merkur 34C
Derby Blade
Omega No 10005
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Taylor's Sandalwood a/s

Only my 4th ever DE shave. Significant improvement on the first three days, with better lather and a closer shave. One WTG and one ATG. The new brush also feels softer by the day. Dare I say it, but I think I'm getting the hang of this...

You will soon feel like an old hand. TOBS will serve you well.

Wednesday

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap
MWF Shaving Soap
Semogue 1305 Brush
Mann & Federlein 7/8 «Garantizada» Straight Razor
Brut After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm

sdc11572.jpg

Wednesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, massage Cremo Cream into beard followed by hot
towel.
Brush: Simpson PJ2 Best.
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime.
Razor: 13/16ths Fritz Bracht era Dovo.

Always an excellent shave from this razor, my only Dovo.

Dovo.jpg

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth
Supermax SS (4.5 - as i only used it a bit when i was using my straight :) )
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Proraso Cream
DR Harris Bay Rum AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB

I think that is the last one in this blade, as i still have a couple of small rough patches under the chin.
My first use of Proraso. Not sure i am keen on the cooling tingle on the face, though will try it again when it is warmer here. It may be nicer then.

Have a pleasant day gents.

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth
Supermax SS (4.5 - as i only used it a bit when i was using my straight :) )
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Proraso Cream
DR Harris Bay Rum AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB

I think that is the last one in this blade, as i still have a couple of small rough patches under the chin.
My first use of Proraso. Not sure i am keen on the cooling tingle on the face, though will try it again when it is warmer here. It may be nicer then.

Have a pleasant day gents.

Thursday, 01 April, am

Not a bad shave today, took my time again, naturally ‘late’ in the office as a consequence.

Shower
Korres Milk soap (for face wash)
Futur (2 ½)
Merkur Platinum (4)
Dovo Solingen badger
Muhle ceramic bowl for lather (first time used)
Fresh Line Olympios Zeus line shaving soap & Omega cream
Alum
Clinique scruffing lotion 2 ½ (toner)
Sante AS (organic, first time used)
Florame ASB (organic, first time used)
Florame Anti-ageing cream (organic, first time used)

The return of Omega cream in the rotation reduced lower neck irritation during the shave considerably, so I’ll have to stick to that for a while. The Muhle ceramic bowl is kind of small, feels much better than a metal one, though. The Sante AS is good, scent is fine (not that masculine but has its own character so this is appreciated). It is made in Germany and comes in a 100ml matt finish glass bottle. Botanical ingredients include substances such as white tea, aloe vera, jojoba and almond oil, organic alcohol is used if I am not mistaken (I do not have the full ingredients list in front of me now).

Following advice from antdad I contacted Penhaligons outlet stores on the phone for a sample pack but was told they do not ship abroad, was advised to call their main hotline. Finally decided to drop that route and go here locally by trying some organic/natural cosmetics made in Germany, so here is a small review as well (for RajK, but not only).

The Florame ASB is not really a balm, I would rather say it is more like a cream, quite dense in application and texture, feels slightly oily on my face still few hours later. You put it over your face and it turns it white, so you have to rub it a bit till it gets absorbed. I feel it is scentless more or less, so this is good, means you can apply it over your AS, whatever that may be. Its base is cedar-argan synergy compound of oils (organic cedar essential oil, organic argan oil, organic witch hazel leaf floral water, sugar, juniper berry extract, shea butter and organic lavender essential oil). It is made in Germany and comes in a 75ml bottle.

It feels like a quality product, and it is highly advantageous that it does not contain synthetic colouring agents, synthetic fragrances, ethoxylated emulsifiers or parabens. In addition, and according to the manufacturer, a minimum of 95% of all ingredients used are natural or of natural origin and at least 95% of the vegetable/plant ingredients used are organic. It does not fight razor burn much, and as one would expect from the creamy texture it offers very little cooling sensation. Efficacy is very good, as is moisturizing. This ASB also ranks high on no alcohol burn as well for me.

Have a great day, gents.

Konstantinos

Attachments

• Shave_01Apr 004.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 24
Thursday:

Hot towel
Old EverReady brush//Proraso soap( nice stuff!!)
EJ DE87/Astra ( astra is ok with this razor)
Alum
Alt innsbruck edc (not sure about this yet :? )

Fresh cup of coffee :)..... bring on the day.
beejay

Thursday

Gillette #58
NOS 1981 B4 Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (English) (1)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Erasmic Stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum
One Planet AB
Sportstar Kurio AS

Couldn't wait to polish the #58 up, it cleaned up very well just with washing up liquid & hot water then I soaked it with 70% proof alcohol, its a very nice razor less aggressive than the EJ87 and the combination of the old 7 O'Clock got me a DFS, I will polish it up later with the Knack I got yesterday and have my first go at posting pics :shock:. The Erasmic is a bit of a bugger to lather up with cold water but I got there in the end.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom