Not open for further replies.
I enjoy the picture composition very much, Hawkeye, Slow Shave and Fido

Simple for me last night.

Fatboy + Feather
MWF + Duke 3 two band
Alum + WH

T&H Grafton mix...AS with ASB
sotd.jpg

I started mixing AS with ASB after mantic's barber mentioned it when he was at Trumpers for a shave.

I generally prefer a more alcoholic post shave so mixing your own was perfect for me.
If you find some ASB's a little heavy or greasy as I do, it seems a good way of cutting it or adding a scent you might prefer.

Monday

Bic Sensitive
Simpson's best badger special
Palmolive stick
L'Occitane Cade asb

Ian

antdad said:
I started mixing AS with ASB after mantic's barber mentioned it when he was at Trumpers for a shave.

I generally prefer a more alcoholic post shave so mixing your own was perfect for me.
If you find some ASB's a little heavy or greasy as I do, it seems a good way of cutting it or adding a scent you might prefer.

Perhaps I'll add a few drops of Tabac A/S to my Tabac Balm.

Monday

COLD WATER
Edwin Jagger DE87
Laser Super Platinum (Wilkos) (1)
Omega 80056
Culmak Soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Lacura Vivid AS

Day two with Cold Water using the cheap 38p for 5 Laser, I corked the blade loaded it lathered up and attacked my stubble, BBS yes I got a BBS with this setup, Cold water shaving is really working for me, one happy bunny :shave .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Monday

What a difference a brush makes. The Rooney 3/1 Pure struggled with the Arlington and just didn't feel comfortable, even with swift to and fro. So I switched to a Fido prototype for my second pass and it was completely different. Plenty of decent lather and bliss to apply. Some say a pure badger will outperform most boar brushes. Not this Rooney. It's been withdrawn from my sale and will now be on display only. It does look quite good.

3-2.jpg

antdad said:

I also do a similar thing. Especially the cold water and AS rinse (or towel as in Mantics clip). I also have unscented moisteriser which I purchased from Trumpers, this is ideal to mix with any scent as there isn't already one to get in the way.

Monday
'30's Gillette New OC
Israeli Shave shack blade (2)
GFT Pure Badger brush
GFT Coconut
Coral/Moisteriser

DFS, although I went a bit OTT in the lower neck area and gave myself a few small nicks, by the ol' apple. I'm really pleased with the open comb, apart from this morning, I've found it really difficult to cut myself. I did try on purpose to find out the limits. I'm going to try some sharper blades to see how it performs over the next few weeks.

As an extra note:- On saturday I was in Holland with a terrible bathroom in the hotel (sink leaked, mirror so far away I couldn't touch it. The building I'm told will be pulled down by the end of the year). So I played safe and used a disposable 3 blade thing to start. That was really crap, so I got the Gillette New out and a super shave was had.

Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Supermax SS (2)
SWK Scuttle
Vulfix 404
Wilkinson Blue Bowl ( :eek: ) - Had to give it a re-try after all this time...
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB

Monday

Merkur Futur (set to 5)
Feather
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Honeybee Sandalwood soap
Boots Witch hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Forgotten how good the weight of the Futur is when it comes to applying the lightest of touches when shaving. Almost BBS - had I not missed a touch-up spot it'd be there!

NatJag said:
I also do a similar thing. Especially the cold water and AS rinse (or towel as in Mantics clip). I also have unscented moisteriser which I purchased from Trumpers, this is ideal to mix with any scent as there isn't already one to get in the way.

Sounds good, never tried it, but am I missing something here? Why don't you apply the after shave first, let it cool your face for ten seconds or so, then apply the unscented moisturizer. Would not that work out the same?

I've been following the ASB + a/s splash discussion with interest. Perhaps cutting the Arran aromatics balm with something alcoholic might mitigate the greasiness. Too late for tonight, but maybe tomorrow.

Tuesday

Neo's boxwood best badger brush
Aristocrat Jr.
Super Iridium (new)

Tabac soap
Tabac a/s

I've neglected the AJ and Tabac soap for a while, and sure enough both are every bit as good as I remember.

Monday
Gillette slim adjustable
feather 5
omega pro 49
Arko shave stick
Good shave but no matter how many passes ATG WTG cannot get bbs on chin. :cry:

Monday - Yes that's right (to anyone following my woes last week) 2 days in a row.

Merkur 34C HD
Feather (2)
No name badger
Speick Cream

Alum
Speick AS/ASB mix

As close as I've ever had. A little irritation but overall a very surprising shave. This time last week I'd never have thought my skin would put up with it everyday. Will see how my skin feels in the morning but if I can keep the shaves like this (with a little less alum sting) I'd be very happy.

After blaming my technique for a while, maybe I just wasn't using sharp enough blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom