389222833.jpg

Friday

Dovo badger
R89 / Gillette Platinum
DRH Arlington sc
AoS alum
DRH Arlington AS
YSL Kouros EdT

- A very quick but very good two pass shave; one does get better on DE shaving as time goes by and as experience is slowly built up.
- The R89 is very good indeed, just wishing the handle was a tad longer - so I ordered a Chatsworth last night.
- Fantastic lathering from the Arlington today.
- Had missed my Dovo badger; that Sephora one I got in S'pore two weeks back was too expensive for what it offers, there are some really good brushes around for much less $$$...

Have a good World Cup weekend, folks.

Friday
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Sensor
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Cream: GFT Coconut
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: YSL Kouros Fraicheur

Headshave:
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Cream: GFT Coconut
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink

Going to get some Limes Skinfood, I reckon.

Need a good facial scrub (makes the head nice and shiny) . . . open to suggestions.

FRIDAY

Edwin Jagger DE89
Laser Ultra Blade #1
Vulfix 2235
Palmolive in ramekin
Alum
Blue Stratos

I can only assume that the Laser Ultra isn't the blade mentioned yesterday as the Laser blades sold in Wilkinsons as I thought it was rather good!

A CCS with no harsh feedback from the alum!

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, two banded 22 mm
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo
Soap: Tabac
AS: LaCoste
Result: :D
This was a nice one! 2 1/2 passes and I´m c l e a n. First time for my "Fido" :shave :lol: I like this brush a lot, of course it was the first time today and I hope/think it´ll get even better. But it loaded tons of soap (30 sec load and enough for approx. 3 1/2 passes, for me) and it was very pleasent to my face, soft tips but with a good backbound. I think it´s better than the tgn knots, even though I´ve got a few and like them too. My two new favourites are this one and Henks 20 mm Silvertip. Thank you Peter (and Henk)!
45000d1278057448-sotd-sun-june-27th-sat-july-3rd-snb12656.jpg

Friday

ABC Tea Tree
Slim & Yellow 7 o'clock (1)
Tabac & EJ BB
Alum
Tabac AS

Packet of Yellows turned up yesterday (thanks Vinny) as did my Muhle R89. Played it sensible and introduced the blades with the gang of usual suspects. Straight forward affair, nothing to write home about or complain about either. Must try me a Super Thin - hint hint ;) as i still need a back up blade to my Astra's

Friday

Merkur 34c
Derby Extra (4)
Simpson's 'Wee Scot'
Palmolive Soap (Bowl)

Forest Fresh AS

Excellent shave.

I've had a long run with the 34c now and it has handled every make blade that I fit into it with ease. I've also stopped using an ASB during these balmy days and it is noticeable how much more pronounced and long lasting the AS is - and my face feels a lot smoother.

:D

Friday

'59 Fatboy
Thai Superthin (3)
New Forest 2201 brush
SWK Scuttle
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Witch Hazel.

A quick one today as up early for a loaded march, before the heat of the day kicks in!

Have a nice one gents.

joe mcclaine said:
FridayNeed a good facial scrub (makes the head nice and shiny) . . . open to suggestions.

Over the past few years I've used Aramis Lab Series, La Mer and a couple of others I cannot remember now. For me the Lab Series 'Multi Action Face Wash' works great, as it lathers very well and it is close to a scrub but not very hard on the face. Of course with these things you need to try what works for you.

There are also some nice English soap makers that make granular face soap for exfoliation.

Some cosmetics manufacturers recommend that face scrubs are not to be used at all. You may want to have your skin clean and shiny but face scrub use should be moderately used at most, if at all.

Don't know what our experts here have to say on this, but this is my experience.

Friday

Trumper "Chatsworth"
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Boots Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Cade asb

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
Friday

Need a good facial scrub (makes the head nice and shiny) . . . open to suggestions.

I use the one the wife buys 'Aapri' you get it in either Boots or Supermarkets - probably both to be honest :| It is an Apricot Scrub and should not be used if you are a big girls blouse :shock: Unlike some others that i have tried, which come across as a bit namby pamby this stuff will do what it says on the erm tube :? Not sure how you would get on using on your bonce, but face is fine. I mean blood, it's overrated yeah? :oops:

Jeltz said:
I can only assume that the Laser Ultra isn't the blade mentioned yesterday as the Laser blades sold in Wilkinsons as I thought it was rather good!

Yep, different blade. The ones in Wilkos are Platinum, well they say Platinum but I reckon they are made of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom