Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 24th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJP said:
Hi Ian. That suprises me as i have been quietly impressed with the Monsavon. Yet another case of YM.....oops, i mean what may work for one, doesn't for another :lol:

It's not that it's bad, as such, but I have a lot of things that are a lot better.

Ian

Thursday

Ever-Ready SE Razor (With GEM blade)
Semogue Owners Club Brush
Proraso Pre-shave
Proraso Soap
Thayers Witch Hazel with Lemon

p1000864e.jpg

I can't get over just how good the SE razor actually is! It just shaves so closely and without even a hint of irritation.

The brush is now broken in and it's a true classic. It whips up lather for fun and is probably my favourite brush (next week I'm giving the Fido special a go :lol: )

The verdict on the witch-hazel is out at the moment. Today was my first day using it and it seemed a little sticky when applied. I think I get a better aftershave result from Proraso AS or Floid Blue AS, but I'll keep trying and give it a few more goes.

Thursday, 07-29-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm - TGN UK Super Badger 23mm. - Psycho West Germany or Communist razor :lol: - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre Proraso - MWF shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Grey Flannel + ASB Sul filo del rasoio.

Afeitado29-07-10002.jpg

Thursday

PAL Injector-matic
Personna PTFE blade (5)
Omega Pro #49
MWF
Boots Freshwood ASB
Blue Stratos AS

After yesterdays stella shave, I got in my head that it was the soap so I changed to Da Fat today, not as good as yesterday, but the blade is 1 shave older, will go back to the monsavon tomorrow for the 6th shave, all in all a pleasant and smooth shave today.

TTFN

Tony

(late again!)

Wednesday

5/8 Texol No.5
Col Conk Amber soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Cella cologne

Thursday

No shave today - got up and went straight out for a 57 mile pootle on the bike to Linlithgow & back on the canal path since the weather looked good for a change.

Thursday Morning

Hot flannel
New Forest Brush
Mama Bear's Lime Ice
Feather (2)
Superspeed
Proraso AS

First run out with the MB today, lovely smell and texture, but I'm not sure I loaded the brush enough and maybe the lather was a bit dry too. Sample of Proraso AS very kindly from aberimp - perhaps not as menthol as I was expecting, but left my skin feeling nice and fresh for a good few hours. Impressed.

Friday

Lord Tech
Astra SC (4)
Simpson's Major (Best)
Nanny's Lavender Soap

Old Spice (Lime, India) AS

Another top drawer shave. All apart from the nick on my chin. Hmph!

The new brush worked a treat (without the tube) and it will only get better. It probably won't get used everyday but it is a nice size, feel and good latherer. I love the smell of badger in the morning...

Nanny's (Lavender today) soaps never fail to leave my skin feeling extremely refreshed, atta-girl.

:D

Friday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Feather
New Forest 2201
Tabac (bowl)
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Well, the planets in the shaving solar system were well and truly aligned this morning. Excellent shave! Felt like somebody had removed the blade from the Slanthammer.

Ian

Friday 1st shave of my leave!! :D

'59 Fatboy
Supermax Super Stainless (4)
Mühle Pure badger
Palmolive Citrus cream
SWK Scuttle
Alum
TOBS Victorian Lime AS.

Really nice start to my leave.

Friday

PAL Injector-matic
Personna PTFE blade (6)
Omega Pro #49
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Boots Freshwood ASB
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

After yesterdays experiment with MWF, I've found that it is the soap, even tho the Personna was on its sixth shave I got a better shave than yesterday nearly BBS, so for me the PAL/Personna combo works better with monsavon than MWF [waiting for pitchforks and shouts of burn him] as they say [ohh never mind]. We have some nice cheap aftershaves in Blighty and Superdrugs Forest Fresh is one of them also Boots own Freshwood AS is good, both as cheap as chips.

TTFN

Tony

Friday Morning

Merkur 34 HD + Feather (2)
Vulfix Pure Badger
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood Soap
D R Harris Arlington AS

Only one pass WTG this morning (with a couple of touch-ups), but a really fine shave nevertheless.

Face-lathered with the EJ soap - it's dinky enough to use in shave-stick style. Then finished off with a splash of Arlington (dry lemon, as opposed to sweet, plus something else I can't quite describe).

Friday
Edwin Jagger DE87 + Feather blade
Simpson Tulip
D R Harris Almond soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave
Aramis 900 Cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom