Status
Not open for further replies.
Superspeed w/ a Wilkinson blade for head and face
GFT Best Badger
Proraso Pre/Post
Wilkinson Blue Bowl
Old Spice AS
Old Spice cologne

I keep on messing up my s.o.t.d. entry, so if anyone can see a similar post - ignore it!

'Evening everyone! Shaved at 7am.

Fusion power razor & blade. (I was running late again).
Vie-Long 100% Horse hair brush.
Liz Riley Shave Bowl with handle.
MWF
Alum / Old Spice Whitewater AS

Nice Shave, ended in a DFS! This brush is really good, it doesn't smell of gee-gee, looks good, handles well, and Oh boy, it really whips up a lot of lather, at least it did with the MWF. I am sure the new bowl helped a lot, it's large, colourful, and ridged where it matters!!

spandex.. :D :shave

Monday Evening

Hot flannel
New Forest Brush
Palmolive lemon cream
Astra SP(2)
Superspeed
Nivea ASB

Second shave with the Astra, it only did two passes tonight and was very careful. The shave is close enough but I've still got some irritation for reasons unknown. Are the Astra's second sharpest to Feathers have I read? I'll give this blade another go tomorrow and then maybe try something else, and come back to the Astra in the Slant when it's back in the rotation. Simple shave, but good.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: Olivia Seife Dark Rhassoul
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A2029.jpg

Monday

5/8 Air Brand
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Monday Night:

Rotten stinkin' stinkin' rotten rotten stinkin' stinkin' rotten day at work.
  • Bleedin' bloody bus line changed the bleedin' bloody bloody bleedin' routes today with minimal notification, during bleedin' bloody ruddy roadworks season.
    • Hot humid swampy muggy heavy close enervating sweat-soaked soggy weather.
          • ... and a Monday too, to boot![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tonight's shave, was real nice though ...
            • - J M Fraser Original shave cream
                • - last of my sample from Gary at Shoebox Shave Shop
                  • - only have some JMF Polar Ice left of the 5 'flavours'
                    • - saved the best for last![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                      - le Tuft Cobalt Blue superBadger
                      - Big Ben Blue blade from Lord Razor Group
                      - Gillette Minora 3-piece in red bakelite (probably post WWII/late 40's)
                        • - is this where Merkur got their inspiration from for their new release?[/list:u]
                            • - maybe, but I'd be surprised if theirs shaves half as well is this ancient bit of thermoset![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                              - Thayers' Lavender witch hazel
                              - Alcolado Glacial
                                • - "the air conditioner in a bottle"[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I love this Minora 3 Piece; it looks almost like a toy and it's light in the grip except for the shiny solid metal cap which ensures that the razor head is weighted well enough to do the job with guidance instead of force. Not aggressive, but not ineffectual.

Two passes and a bit of polishing with the lovely Egyptian-made Big Ben blade and the job's a good 'un, LNBS.

Tuesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
New Forest 2201
Taylor Lavender Cream
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

First time using the 2201 and a cream, and it didn't disappoint.

Ian

moodymick said:
Monday

R89 & Astra (2)
palmolive & Semogue 1250
Alum
OS AS

Start of a week off, a relaxing shave. Very pleasant. Glad to hear Monsavon getting a good verdict as i have a couple of sealed bowls to put into use - sometime ;)

Its becoming my favourie soap infront of Tabac & MWF :oops:

T

Tuesday

Lord Tech
Astra SC (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Lider Classic Cream

Tabac AS

A strange razor; after one pass you think you haven't even started, after the third it really is a smooth face - the second pass is always the key for me in any event.

I have had a couple of weepers for the last two mornings, easily cleared by rinsing but I think that that is a result of the overall lightness of the razor.

If you like citronella you'll love the Lider Classic cream...

A very nice shave.

:D

Tuesday

'59 Fatboy (3)
Supermax Super Stainless (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
Morrisons Cool Citrus Cream
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Brut Aquatonic.

No feedback at all from the Alum, which makes a change. Not too bad at all.

Have a good day gents.

Tuesday
Hot towel
Ever ready 12a/Body Shop macca root ( always a pleasure using this cream)
Gillette flare/Crystal (3) still a close comfortable shave.
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB( very nice :) )
regards, beejay

Sunday and Monday

M3 - I know, don't ban me
Pure Bagder
BlueBeards revenge
Coral Skin food (pre and post)
Moisturiser

DFS-

My first few use with Bluebeard revenge I had a few nicks, using a Muhle R89 and Israeli Blade. I wasn't sure if it was a duff blade from a fresh packet.

Tuesday

Mühle R89
Israeli (3)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
Pure Badger
Coral Skin Food (pre and post)
Moisturiser

DFS+ using only wtg and xtg passes. Perhaps Bluebeards Revenge isn't as good as the luxury brands. At least I know the blade was OK. Could still be my own doing nicking myself.

EJDE89L + Wilkinson (2)
Omega 10005 + Body Shop original/Ingrams
Witch Hazel spritz
Caron Pour Homme EDT (after ride into work)

First shave after two days away on a weekend cycling tour.

4 or 5 nicks. Not sure if it's the blade (don't know what kind of Wilkinson it is - it was a kind freebie) or me. But I have been getting nick free DFS's for weeks and have had two 'nicked' shaves with this blade. I think I'll chuck it.

Fantastic lather. The Omega brush feels nicely broken in now it has split it's ends and is my brush of choice (along with a Semogue 1460).

I love the residual scent on my skin from this superlather (and maybe a bit from the brush itself) and the witch hazel. Very subtle clean smell that compliments any EDT I've gone for so far.

The Caron was from Vinny a month ago and is now my fragrance of choice at work. Fresh summery lavender and lasts all day from 3 little squirts of the atomiser.

Pre - hot shower
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
La Toja shave stick
Semogue 1305
Merkur 38C
Red IP
Proraso AS

First use of La Toja and a shave stick in general as I've previously grated palmolive and tabac into bowls so not sure if I was correct in my aplication. I wet my face rubbed the stick all over it then face lathered with the brush which produced a good lather for my first pass but pretty much sod all for the second. Am I supposed to rub the shave stick on my face again??? Anyway managed 2 passes and a jawline touch up. I would have to say that I really iked the La Toja. I can still feel my face lubricated by it some 4 hours later. I will put the lack of lather down to the first use of the Semogue 1305 and the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom