'59 Fatboy
Croma Diamant (2)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
C&E Sienna Soap
witch Hazel
Cerrus Blue Steel AS
Nivea ASB

the AS was a couple of Euro local Chemist chain own brand. Smelt nice in the bottle so thought i'd give it a whirl - for a couple of Euro you can't go wrong :D Verdict? Not bad at all.

Have a nice start to the week gents.

Monday
Gillette Super Speed (1970) razor
Red Personna blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Palmolive shaving soap stick
Old Spice (Shulton) aftershave

Back to basics again after re-visiting the Feather AC over the weekend.

Monday

Merkur 34c
Red Personna (4)
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Cream

Proraso ASB & Proraso AS Mix.

I'm in a great run of form at the moment, which started with a return to the basics of bowl lathering creams. I was going to go back to the wonders and delights of of Open Comb hardware tomorrow but why break up a winning formula?

:D

Monday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Better this morning. Applied the pre-shave a little earlier so that it was on my skin a bit longer before applying lather. Palm lathered the cream instead of face lathering, and it seemed to get closer to what I was expecting. Even did a 3rd pass, ATG, without issues.

Ian

Good morning,

Clinique face scrub
Tabac shave soap
Men-U Pure bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Alum
TOBS Bay Rum
Natural Grooming Co. moisturiser

Didn't shave yesterday and got great results today with two passes. The fresh Feather and Futur combo scythed through my whiskers effortlessly.

Not sure if the TOBS is meant to be used as as AS, it's advertised as a cologne. However it's a pretty weak scent and there was no burn. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable shave.

Thanks.

Monday

Gem Micromatic OC
Gem PTFE (4)
Omega #49
TBS Macca Root Cream
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Polo Sport AS

Another nice shave with the GM.

Have a nice and pleasant day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Monday AM - just

Boots Botanic Scrub
Rocket & Astra SP (3)
Tabac & Semogue 1250
Alum
Hackett PSB
Tabac AS

First shave since saturday pm and a relaxed one as i am off this week. was going to go for the P.160 i got a slice of on BST, but thought i would play safe with the amount of growth. learned a valuable lesson though. having used the tabac both a BB and mix brush, i found the first attempt with full boar was like mixing wallpaper paste. so swilled it off and tried again, instead of the squeeze and flick i just went for the gentle squeeze and voila, hello creamy goodness! :)

IanM said:
Monday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Better this morning. Applied the pre-shave a little earlier so that it was on my skin a bit longer before applying lather. Palm lathered the cream instead of face lathering, and it seemed to get closer to what I was expecting. Even did a 3rd pass, ATG, without issues.

Ian

'Morning Ian!

I expect you are at work by now,but here goes... Just a thought, but when you palm lather, doesn't this restrict movement? ...or do you have enough on the brush for a couple more "palm fulls" ?
Yours curiously,
spandex.. :)

Monday

Merkur Slant 37c
Feather (1)
Pure Badger Brush
Trumpers Coconut cream
Alum
Coral Skin food/moisteriser

I read somewhere that the feather and slant is a good pairing, also that somehow that slant seems to tame feathers. I would have to agree here. Just a two pass shave with some touch ups. A great shave apart from a slight red neck. I'm getting better with my technique using the slant. I seem to get a very good DFS with just 2 passes using it.

spandexcodpiece said:
'Morning Ian!

I expect you are at work by now,but here goes... Just a thought, but when you palm lather, doesn't this restrict movement? ...or do you have enough on the brush for a couple more "palm fulls" ?
Yours curiously,

You're right, I am at work, but that won't stop me answering your question.

The EJ brush is a large brush, and simply holds enough lather for 2-3 passes.

I swirl the brush in the cream, and then swirl it on my wet palm to make the lather, adding water if needed. I then slap the stuff left on my hand (not that much) onto my face, and them lather with the brush as normal.

Ian

IanM said:
spandexcodpiece said:
'Morning Ian!

Yours curiously,

You're right, I am at work, but that won't stop me answering your question.

The EJ brush is a large brush, and simply holds enough lather for 2-3 passes.

I swirl the brush in the cream, and then swirl it on my wet palm to make the lather, adding water if needed. I then slap the stuff left on my hand (not that much) onto my face, and them lather with the brush as normal.

Ian

..Right, thanks for the tip, gonna have a bash at that later, certainly very different... Wot Ho!

spandex... :D

NatJag said:
Monday

Merkur Slant 37c
Feather (1)
Pure Badger Brush
Trumpers Coconut cream
Alum
Coral Skin food/moisteriser

I read somewhere that the feather and slant is a good pairing, also that somehow that slant seems to tame feathers. I would have to agree here. Just a two pass shave with some touch ups. A great shave apart from a slight red neck. I'm getting better with my technique using the slant. I seem to get a very good DFS with just 2 passes using it.

I concur with you on this one NatJag! Prior to using that combo, I was getting mediocre shaves, so in my ignorance at the time, thought I would try a feather in my new slant (gold 37g). Worked out really well I found, so long as you take it easy and give this combo the respect it deserves, should turn out good shaves all the time! :)

spandex..

Monday

17_05_10_upload.jpg

Natural Grooming Company facial scrub
Trumpers Limes cream
Gillette Tech
Derby blade
Commodore X1
Witch hazel

No balm today as I was trying out the witch hazel, which seems to work as well as my usual RSC balm but I'm left with a slightly dry and tight face. I'll have a go with both of them tomorrow and see if they combine well or not.

Sunday

Merkur Futur (#5)
Feather (2nd use)
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Lloyds' Chemist Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

After the horror shave on Friday, my face had calmed down and healed by Sunday night to go with my now-fave combination for a BBS shave with zero effort and the slickest of the slick creams I own. It worked - my face was irritation free and BBS with two passes plus a couple of touch ups. So - it was time to see whether the blame could be pinned on the blade, so keeping everything else the same, this was tonight's set:

Monday

Merkur Futur (#5)
Kai (1st use)
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Lloyds' Chemist Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The Kai blade is certainly rougher and not anywhere near as sharp as the Feather, but it didn't leave my face in the same mess as Friday. So perhaps it was the Erasmic, or the Slim? Perhaps I'll need to try some further variants at some point when I don't mind having a wrecked face for a day and a half afterwards :D

Monday

Razors: USA Special str8 razor, EJ DE89 with Bic Blade
Erasmic shavebowl soap Vulfix 2235 Badger
Alum
Roma EDT

A 2nd attempt at straight shaving tonight. Managed a WTG pass on the whole face, just about, then cleaned up with the DE. Learning to shave left handed while coordinating my movements in the mirror is going to take some time but quite pleased with how it went. I managed to get a much better angle, no nicks and no harsh feedback from the alum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom