Shave of the Day, w/c Saturday 13th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday

Futur
Swede
Edwin Jagger Large Best Badger Brush (thanks Fido)
Trumper's Rose Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

The EJ brush is HEEEUUUGE compared to my Simpson Special, and not as soft, but works very nicely.

Ian

Palmolive stick - waiting for my Tabac to arrive :cry:
TOBS best badger
DE89
Crystal IP (1)
Alum
Speick
Boots essentials balm - very similar to their freshwood but comes in a tube rather than that bloody glass bottle!

First time with the Crystal and a much smoother and closer shave than the Red Personnas. First impression is very. Still working through my sample pack to find THE ONE.

Friday

Lord Racer R.314
Gillette Platinum (2)
Omega 80056 Boar
Wilkinson Blue Tub/Ingrams Cream
Alum
Witch hazel (with menthol)
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Old Spice (P&G) AS

Received the Racer yesterday and had to give it an outing, its a plastic razor ala the Wilkinson DE, loaded up the Plat, made some Uberlather and away I went, its a light razor and somehow guides you to the right angel for shaving :shock: , for a cheap starter razor this knocks spots of the Wilk, Boots cheapos, it shaves like a razor 2,3 more expensive than it costs, I got a pleasant smooth DFS+, a razor I will be using again but it wont knock the EJ87 of top spot, The Racer is very good and I would recommend it to noobies starting out if they don't mind waiting 10 days ( I got mine from Store34 on the Bay) but the EJ is CLASS, anyway a great shave and a good way to start the day :D .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

slim-shad-y said:
NatJag said:
Thursday

Crystal IP (1)

DFS, although despite think crystals would be my preferred blade and first go through my sample pack, I've think I prefer the Shaving Shack Israeli blades, which I think are the same as the tesco own brand blades; 99p for 10.

I received some of those Israeli blades with my new kit (30 of them I think!) & assumed because they were free, they'd not be great - are they pretty decent then?
I wouldn't discount them until you've given them a try. I'll certainly be ordering some. If you don't like them, PM me, I may take them off you.

Jeltz said:
Whether a blade is decent or not is generally a matter of personal preference, everybody is different, some will like one blade some will like another.
Jeltz is obviously correct, everyone is different, otherwise, we'd all be using the same blade.

Friday

Futur (2)
Iridium (5)
Vulfix 404
Dr Henk's Bay Rum Cream
SWK Scuttle
Addiction AS
Dr Henks ASB

Nice shave apart from being clumsy under one nostril - bit of a slice there! Oh well, teach me not to pay attention!

Have a nice evening.

evening gents,

just braved my 2nd DE shave...

merkur 38c
derby extra
TOBS sandalwood soap
best badger brush (came with the soap so unsure of brand)
clinique post shave healer (lots)
clinique post shave soother (lots more)

two words... red raw :oops:

however, it was the closest shave i've ever had, the derby blade did a better job than the merkur.

my lathering was the weak link (too thin & wet), i should have spent longer and been a bit more patient - lesson learnt!

not enjoying the feeling of the brush but it's only day 2.

have a good evening all.

jim

Friday

Muhle R89
Crystal (2)
Trumps pure badger
trumps coconut
alum
coral
moisteriser

very close shave at the expense of a slightly red neck in parts - had to last til late evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom