Sunday

Merkur 1904 OC [Shimed]
Gillette 7'O Clock Sharp Edge (1)
VDH Select/Ingrams [Superlather]
Kent VS30
Thayers
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Ivy Club Spice AS

The yellow was a bit harsh on my skin today, probably me but the result was a BBS finish, thou one thing with the yellow this is one of the blades that feel better 2nd shave onwards with me.

TTFN

Tony

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Black Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Black Elixir

389558573.jpg

Sunday, 07-11-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Vie Long 16727 23 mm. - Gillette Coronation set #58 - Astra Superior Platinum #1 - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Grey Flannel + ASB 444.

Afeitado11-07-10002.jpg

Sunday

6/8 Air Brand
Ingram cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic post shave balm
Floid Blue AS

Menthol-tingling, heavenly cool shave. Another of those 'one small patch away from a BBS' shaves - two passes plus a couple of touch-ups. Nick-free again :D

Pre: Cold shower
Razor: Helsjestrand M K no: 4
Brush: New Forest, 22 mm two banded
Soap: Omega
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Result: Very, very good!
I love this brush, it´s getting better and better as it breaks in - soft tips with a good backbound. Face lather today and I had put the scuttle in the refridgator an hour earlier :D, it was over 30 degrees in the shadow today at 10 am :shock:. Razor was excellent, I was thinking of getting rid of it, becuase it´s very close to my MK no: 31 (which I like the blade design better), but it´s shaving like a dream and will be staying. Got a nice menthol kick from the Omega soap and Proraso, but when I splashed the Alcolado on, I actually danced an Irish sword dance for a couple of secs :D
45550d1278852506-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12770.jpg

Sunday

Ever-Ready SE with a GEM blade
Semogue Owners Club brush
D R Harris Rose Cream
D R Harris Aftershaving Milk

004ztu.jpg

The SE razor has been a revelation to me. It shaves so closely and so far with no irritation.
The SOC brush is coming along, with some of the hairs already splitting at the ends. I'm still soaking it for about 15 minutes prior to shaving, which I'm sure is helping it to break.
The combination of the rose scented Harris products is very nice, especially when coupled with Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet Edt :D

Sunday AM

Muhle Pre 2009 R89 OC*
Derby Extra (1)
Simpson's Wee Scot
Proraso Soap

Proraso AS

*The razor is reviewed as such on B&B but was from another member of this forum as a Shaving Shack own brand OC in chrome.

I used a Derby in it because they work well in other OC razors. What an unpleasant shave, weepers appearing all over the place without rhyme nor reason.

At the end it was a very bare faced Mr Spirit but with a fair few red patches; it will get another couple of attempts this week but, if nothing improves, its off to shaving dystopia with it.

All other components worked a treat!

:?

Sunday

Bath - it is World Cup Sunday
R89 & Super Thin (3)
GFT Almond Cream & EJ BB
Alum
Pinaud Clubman AS

Second crack with the Almond cream tonight, again good, thick and plenty of lather produced but still drying the skin between passes, not the slickness i would expect :? I think once this sample is done and i have used up my P160, i will try some Cella :)

Sunday Evening

L'Oreal face wash in the shower
New Forest Superior 2201
Nivea cream
Gillette Superspeed
Derby (2)
Osma alum
Nivea ASB

Second shave with the Derby (a vertical I learnt today!) and it continues to impress! Three passes on the face, but two on the neck still plus a bit of touching up and a very close shave, probably my closest yet. Minimal stinging from the alum, and the Nivea ASB was absorbed instantly. Nice.

Just over three weeks since I started DE shaving, and I'm impressed. I can comfortably shave my face as close as the cartridges ever could, with just some more beard mapping to do under my chin. The biggest improvement being my neck, skin irritation and ingrowing hairs have been all but eliminated. I can even splash a bit of after shave on my neck which was been a no no since I started shaving over twenty years ago!

:cool:

quattrojames said:
Just over three weeks since I started DE shaving, and I'm impressed. I can comfortably shave my face as close as the cartridges ever could, with just some more beard mapping to do under my chin. The biggest improvement being my neck, skin irritation and ingrowing hairs have been all but eliminated. I can even splash a bit of after shave on my neck which was been a no no since I started shaving over twenty years ago!

:cool:
Great progress mate, the neck/chin area was the last to fall into place for me to.

Sunday Afternoon(... and I probably should have stayed in bed - yeesh.):

If I were to try and transcribe for you, here, ny inner dialogue, there would have been at least one voice too many adding it's two pence worth for most of it. I don't know if that makes much sense, but that's the way my day has been in my brain. Sure, the cold in my throat ain't helping either. And a decent night's sleep would almost make me allow a teensy bit of belief in the mystical and/or the divine, maybe, but that ain't much in the way of news.

• My conscious will was basically saying: "I want to have a shave."

My inner objectivity was saying, something like: "Whoa, dude, take the day off or, maybe wait til later in the day at least - we're too wiped to focus on that right now, big fella. You should sit down and just chill out for a bit."

... and the other was saying stuff like: "woohoo, playtime! You should SO crank the fatboy up to 9 today, man NINE! ... try it with a Feather in there while yer at it! Lime! Lime! I want limes - and lots of 'em! LimeLimeLimeLimeLime! A Feather on nine! NineNineNineNineNine! Get yer head under that cold water man, that's all we need, that'll focus things! Woooooo! Lime!Nine!Lime!Nine!Lime!Nine!Lime!Nine! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! woohooooooo! bark! bark-woof-rowf!! IceWaterIceWater - dunk yer face!"[/list:u][/list:u]

... I dunked my head, set the fatboy to six with an Elios in it, face lathered with the UH Model 1 Boar Recyke and Godrej's Lime. Pinked myself in 2 of the exact same places I pinked yesterday (one minor and the fitrum well-spring). The filtrum just kept bleeding and bleeding ... a trickle yes, but a steady ongoing trickle. And I wasn't able to really focus so I did did pretty poor passes and cleaned up and put away the kit for the day.

Application of the solid MICAlum stick again. Aloe gel as balm with a bit of Thayers' uscented WH.
      • meh[/list:u]

Tomorrow is another day ... no baggage to bring to it, no reason to not enjoy it...
        • Tonight?
            • meh.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Sunday

Merkur Futur set on 3
Merkur blade
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad soap
Vulfix 2235 super badger brush
Alum
Oldspice Whitewater Aftershave

I received the Merkur blade with the razor ages ago. Aware of their reputation I've not used it but was loathed to chuck it. I knew that sooner or later I was going to try it so I decided to get it over with tonight but had a replacement blade ready to swap out.

So? What's the problem with them then? Clearly my mileage has varied as they seem fine sharp enough not the smoothest but not particularly rough either a pretty average blade really. Not a blade that I would buy but equally I won't ditch any freebies that come with razors.

BBS reasonably comfortable.

Monday am

AoS badger brush : R89 : Gillette Platinum UK : TOBS Mr. Taylors shaving cream : AoS alum : Sante organic after shave : Terre d' Hermes pure perfume

SOTD_12Jul2010.jpg

Monday
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 (2 band) Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Cologne: YSL Kouros Fraicheur

Monday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave