11/09/2017

Another SE shave for SEptember.....

Prep: Neutrogena exfoliating face wash
Brush: Brushguy Pearl Handle with 24mm Cashmere Synthetic
Shaving Soap Sample: Mason Boutique - Elite
Scuttle: Crown King
Razor: Ikon El Jefe/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (6)
Post shave: Lots of cold water, Thayer's Peach WH, and Gucci Made to Measure After Shave Balm

4407bebde233a2903423cef5b943fb5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday's shave - second with the Blackland Sabre-SE :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-SE.
Blade - GEM PTFE (Day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Aftershave Splash, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

Loving the Blackland Sabre-SE. An excellent 3 pass shave, with no issues. A smoother shave today, which I am putting down to the second day using the GEM blade.

I don't think that I can take part in OCtober - as it would mean benching the Sabre for 4 weeks :)

All the best,

Chris

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Semogue 20102 Boar
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: WS Empire
Blade: Hollow Ground

View attachment 28907

Decided to stick with the more efficient razor after yesterdays wonderful experience, but I must've moved the blade exposure when drying it last time.
This is a very good razor but I need to put Blu Tack or something on the blade exposure control to ensure I get the same shave each and every time without phaffing about.
That's an intresting looking razor you have there, has it got two screws on the back of the head to adjust the blade?

Mon 11th Sept
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick N3
Schick Twin [5- Japan]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Moved on to an Injector Shave today. The N3 shaves incredibly well when fitted with a Twin blade, very smooth but a nice degree of blade feel that helps you determine which areas still need a little more work. Gives the Modern AC powered SEs a good run for their money in terms of performance,shame the blades are a bit pricey.

IMG_1574.jpg

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Semogue 20102 Boar
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: WS Empire
Blade: Hollow Ground

View attachment 28907

Decided to stick with the more efficient razor after yesterdays wonderful experience, but I must've moved the blade exposure when drying it last time.
This is a very good razor but I need to put Blu Tack or something on the blade exposure control to ensure I get the same shave each and every time without phaffing about.

Greetings

I wanted to reply by using E.S.P. as I suspect will be the way we communicate in eighteen thousand years time, if Semogue still make brushes thinly disguised as Omega's and mankind still has beards, or indeed are still on this planet at all!

I think they are called "senior moments"; mine have become more than just moments!:D:D

Regards
Dick.

Greetings

I wanted to reply by using E.S.P. as I suspect will be the way we communicate in eighteen thousand years time, if Semogue still make brushes thinly disguised as Omega's and mankind still has beards, or indeed are still on this planet at all!

I think they are called "senior moments"; mine have become more than just moments!:D:D

Regards
Dick.
Cheers Dick, :oops::oops:
I was going to use the Zenith 2000 :p

A smooth close shave with Focus r48, and persona blade. Proraso pre and menthol cream. Blade good as new. Normally with my de razor,I felt I could only get three shaves. One I get the equivalent of six shaves, bearing in mind, you are only using a half blade in this razor.
In theory the blade should last the same, as you're only using one side of the blade in the DE for half the shave, whereas the Focus uses one half for the complete shave.

Razor - RR Black Hawk V2
Blade - Kai Pink
Brush - Omega 10108
Soap - La Toja
Post - Thayers Rose,Aloe Vera Gel
A/S. - Old Spice Original
FullSizeRender.jpg
A smooth shave with my new Hawk V2 paired with the Kai Pink ,a three pass irritation free shave was the outcome.I enjoy using these aluminium razors.
Had a den tidy up yesterday and found the La Toja shaving stick I bought in Barcelona last year and hadn't seen the light of day until this morning.
Finished with a splash of Old Spice.

25kNNyN8_o.jpg

Vie Long 04503
Razorock Baby Smooth
Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Nanny's Silly Soap Yushu (Signature)
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Blue Stratos

First use of Nanny's in a while, this signature line is much better than the original line. Lathered better than I was expecting. In general everything was better than I was expecting. Think I'm getting the razor dialed in nicely. Haven't tried shaving my mostache since Saturday left it a little irritated. The brush is so soft, recommend it very much, horse is a fantastic hair.

Back
Top Bottom