Shave of the day Saturday 12th August- Fri 18th August 2017

2607880fae218ab11bdcab865d814497.jpg

Gartbnx....

DeHaven Sunday. Model 2 with NOS blade (honed and stropped) started rough but second and third passes were better. A surprising near BBS with no blood spilled. Model 3 with a fresh Plus Platinum very effectively handled the head shave, plenty of blade feel but smooth enough. Two pass plus BBS.
1b1325dd190190922b393b4fc3b85f3f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sunday 13th August

One days growth only
Two passes XTG in opposite directions and ATG
The Yaqi brush tackled it's first soap with ease. Plenty of lather created in no time.
Treet Carbon blades second and last use. I don't like to push these blades too far.
Finished with Mr Perfume Tom Neroli Portafino . I really like the smell of this perfume oil, but I find it's not very long lasting.

I needed a bit of pampering today after insulating the loft. Not too itchy but never a nice job

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
RazoRock Caribbean Holiday Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Gillette Silver Blue (1).
Fine Platimum Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

Slightly odd consistency to this soap, and it is dark brown! Not that keen on the scent either. But the Maseto whipped it up in to a very rich, creamy lather, although it perhaps lacked a little glide compared to soaps I have been using recently. Nethertheless, a very comfortable 3 pass shave was had and my skin feels smooth and hydrated. All set for an evening falling asleep in front of the TV.

Sunday pm

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Vitos Green Soap
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
Muhle R41 (2011) with a Voskhod blade (#2)
Alum Block and rinse
Lacura for Men Duo-Lift ASB
4711 AS

Had a lovely day riding through the Black Mountains. Home this evening and had a fantastic shave. 2 passes and a touch up for a BBS shave. On nights tomorrow so I don't have to get up in the morning ...so its a rerun of some Game of Thrones episodes accompanied by a few G&Ts:)

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Shower and face wash with Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by Warm water and Village Barbour Pre-shave Oil
Razor - One Bkade (v 2.0)
Blade - Feather FHS10 (1)
Soap - Kiehl's close shave cream.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery shav bowl.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" After Shave and Ibiza-Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel

Great 3 pass shave. Shaved at 11:00 this morning - skin still feeling BBS :)

All the best,

Chris

Sunday 13th August

One days growth only
Two passes XTG in opposite directions and ATG
The Yaqi brush tackled it's first soap with ease. Plenty of lather created in no time.
Treet Carbon blades second and last use. I don't like to push these blades too far.
Finished with Mr Perfume Tom Neroli Portafino . I really like the smell of this perfume oil, but I find it's not very long lasting.

I needed a bit of pampering today after insulating the loft. Not too itchy but never a nice job
Longevity with most citrus based fragrances is a common problem @Paul L. I'd recommend getting a good unscented moisturiser & apply it about 5 minutes or so before applying a fragrance.

Sun 13th Aug

RazoRock Syn. 22 mm
OSP Bay Rum
Brass General & S/S Handle
Feather Pto ( 3 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Bay Rum A/S Splash

Tried a different S/S Handle with the General.Perhaps a little bit long and heavy. However,still enjoyed the feel of the knurled Handle as opposed to the original.
The resultant Shave was smooth and easy, with a good all round finish, perhaps not as good as that attained with the shorter Handle.

IMG_1507.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 1 OC - copper handle copper plated head (1st shave)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers with Brad Sears silvertip (2nd shave)
Soap: Wolf Whiskers "Wolf Scent" (1st shave)

The OC razor continues the Charcoal Goods Lvl 1 tradition of mild and yet very efficient. The handle is 3" but feels longer with knob at the bottom. Thinner handle and thus approx. 90 grams. Nice brush handle and knot. The scent of the soap did remind me of the woods and I will assume with wolves. Overall, best shave in a week.

IMG_20170812_232629 copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom