Shave of the day Saturday 12th August- Fri 18th August 2017

Totally sublime shave today. :)

Zirh Pre-Shave Oil
Gentleman's Face Care Club Shaving Cream
Shavemac Silvertip Brush
Schick Golden 500 Injector with a Personna Blade
Feather MR3 Neo (for my head)
I Coloniali ASB

This is the first time I've used the Zirh pre-shave oil (it's an excellent product), the Schick Golden 500 and the Feather MR3 Neo. The biggest surprise for me was how smooth the Golden 500 is and how efficient the MR3 Neo was in delivering what has to be the best and shave I've ever had from a cart.

E3454CC5-5F80-4BDE-B95E-C83ED5DF24C5_zpshb2obp93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD: Thursday 17th August 2017.
D.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush:Wilkinson Sword ~ Pure Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Derby ~ Shave stick.(disk)

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated .(2)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block.Lemon/Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave.

Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

I continued using another shave stick for today's shave..If i where to choose which is my favourite out of the Arko & Derby
Stick, The Derby stick is the winner IMHO, the lather it creates is slightly more slicker, this is probably due to it been softer
than the Arko Stick..adding to that it's got a nicer fragrance, not that is vitally important to me, both sticks are equal in shaving performance though.

The Merkur 39C/Voskhod duo was a superb match,I'll confess i totally love my merkur slant razors,they always give me superb shaves...

However,The newly gifted Ming shi 2000S amazed me at the weekend with it's efficency and smoothness..A instant favourite & keeper. superb.

A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups non silky smooth shave with no erors to report...

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Boots Freshwood Aftershave.:cool:

image.jpg SOTD 18 Aug Friday

Razor....Gem Clog Pruf
Blade ....Gem Micromatic SE NOS
Soap....Lea Tallow
Brush ....Razorock Beehive
Post....BBA PS Balm
scent...Tom Ford Amber Absoloute (copy oil) Mr Perfume.

Great shave, great razor and blade, the soap was top too, loving the fat! first outing for the Razorock Beehive and it was so soft and made short work of face lathering......I ordered it from the Shaving Station along with a Big Bruce while half asleep a few days ago at 3am, I hadn't realised what I had done untill I fully awoke later that morning! Sleep ordering! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Wishing you a great life.......:)

Last edited:
SOTD: 180817
SOTD 180817 (2).jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: R41 2013
Soap: Vreto Orange & Mandarin
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Barber Handle
Splash: DR Harris Traditional
Cologne: DR Harris Traditional

I have not used the R41 for some time, so today was the day I wanted to use her.
This razor is aggressive but so efficient. A trouble free three pass shave was sublime. BBS
The brush is super soft with surprising amounts of backbone.
The soap is truly amazing. It is thirsty but with patience it whips up a beautiful silky lather. Thick, creamy with superb slickness.
I did not bother with any balms as the soap left my face feeling lovely. The Scent increases during the shave and remains post shave.
Finishing off with DR Harris citrus orange based scents I am good to go.

Enjoy your shaves!
Wayne :)

Feather DX • Cadman • Alvarez Gomez • Acqua di Parma

IMG_0326.JPG

I find the Aqua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia Shave Cream to be a really
underrated top performer, at the level of SMN v3 and ABC but at about half the price.
And the scent is really nice warm citrus and woodsy.​

Belated, due to site down!
Thursday 17th August
Semogue 620
OSP Fougere
The General
Feather Pro #4
Alum wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
AKD5ghS.jpg

Last use of the General for the time being. I've been so enamoured with this razor, some of my other razors have been neglected.
This shave was spectacular, very easy and smooth - Smoosy. Have I ever said how much I like OSP soaps.

Thursday 17th
The battle of the lightweights.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega 20102
Soap: Proraso Green
Razors: Knockout, Souplex Double Six Minor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'C yellow (2)

IMG_20170817_180406.jpg

The only thing lightweight about these razors is the weight. The Knockout (top) weighs in at a measly 27g and the Souplex a slightly heavier 29g.
I took one look at the head of the Knockout and thought, Oh My!
Both razors are in fact on the aggressive side but the Souplex is a very smooth and comfortable shave. The Knockout not so smooth, as the alum block attested, it stung a little on the right side of my chin.
The winner is the Souplex for me but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom