A Wednesday night shave and awarded the theme 'Jimmy'

20211201_175647.jpg

Jimmy the razor - Stainless Mongoose
Jimmy the blade - Feather Super Professional
Jimmy the brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Jimmy the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium
Jimmy the moisturiser - Colegen
Jimmy the splash - Extro Arzachena

A first shave for a couple of nights, but why Jimmy?

The last two mornings have involved an early call to go around to the in-laws because my father-in-law was having medical issues. Obviously his name is Jimmy and he is a walking medical dictionary.

Yesterday a black-out which in his case is a near death thing. Paramedics. All okay. Then this morning a fall. My suspicions were confirmed when this evening had a call and a broken hip. Another one to add to his dictionary.

So this shave goes to him

A great start with the Londinium. Probably the most honest soap out there and for every reason as to why it happens to be my most used soap. And lathered by what is probably my most used brush.

There may be the haters, the sceptics and trash talkers but the Mongoose for me is probably the best razor out there. I may love the Colonials but the Goose just stands above the crowd. There is something which brings me grin factor warp 10.

Throw a few other favourites in the mix and astounding end results. A great shave and yes, grin factor warp 10.

And from those ex Ladybaby girls it's the idols formerly known as Ladybaby. Same girls minus the worse cross dressing bearded wrestler known to man. In fact have a bit of both....

And I love you all

New RR Hive 24 synth arrived as did the RR American Barber AS
My ol' reliable English post-war BE Tech
Stirling Sheep
soap (I have never used a better soap!)
Gillette Super Thin Mejorada NOS (#2)

9MCLffR.jpg

Thu 2nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Long Metal Tuxedo
Razor RR GC.84 SB with Yaqi Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 3rd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Abysso Splash
A very nice soap! Love the scent especially with the matching AS plus the lather was creamy and slick too!
This shave with the razor paired with this blade was noticeably a tad less smooth and less sharp...as compared to 1st use. Still good enough in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome.
20211202_103900.jpg

SOTD : 2nd December 2021.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.

Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D4)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Parker 98r/Super Max BDT to finish my focus on one razor trial.. The 98r has gave me acceptable comfortable shaves throughout the trial.

I find with my experience of using parker razors you get the best from them with a steeper shaving angle than other DE razors...This may be off-putting for some people...All in all, it's been a love/hate rediscovering month for me using the super hefty efficient Parker 98r.. My only small gripe with the 98r has been the hefty barber pole handle which has been somewhat awkward, slippery and cumbersome to hold at times.. However, that said it's not a major issue as i can easily change the handle from another razor.

Once i got to grips with handle issue it gave me acceptable close error- free shaves....All of the Parker three piece models have the same razor head, as do the TTO models incidentally so in all fairness when purchasing a Parker razor your purely buying it for the design of the handle which all have a good heft to them.

Another acceptable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

01/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza

View attachment 80865
I will be running with this set up until the blade is done to ease myself back in.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Had a feeling that was the reason you hadn’t posted on the forum,Tony.Sorry for your loss.

Glad to see you back,pal.

Back
Top Bottom