Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

Sat 27 SR SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Pineapple Banana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GD 208 on a pasted balsa edge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
A very nice scent from this soap. The lather is creamy, slick, and just wonderful!
Awesome shave with this cheap razor. The edge was very smooth and comfortable yet crisply sharp. Love the edge but not the scale...hahaha. 3.5passes for a satisfactory bbs/dfs/ccs finish without any issues. The aftershave smells great is truly chilling...wow...nice!!
20211127_125014.jpg

SOTD : 27th November 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

Cold water face & head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Last week of my 'Focus on one razor month'. The Parker 98r/Super Max BDT duo was another great combo.....Out of all the subcontinent DE blades that i have paired together the parker 98r throughout the month the Super Max BDT, Treet 7DP & the Gillette 7'oClock SP have been my favourites.

As a small christmas gift to myself i have placed an order for a 100 Sunny Superior Stainless blades to add to my growing modest subcontinent DE blades collection of which i look forward to trying out once they arrive.

The inexpensive Pears Transparent Bar Soap makes a wonderful pre shave....Superb stuff!

The Haslinger Aloe Vera soap provided is such a great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates an acceptable lather in a short space of time which doesn't dissipate or dry out in-between passes leaving a superb post shave feel.

An invigorating cold water face and head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt211127takqd.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Promises
- Maseto "Spectrum" Silvertip
- Yaqi 316 with Windrose handle and Feather blade
- Alpa Windsor aftershave

:D

SOTD 27-Nov
20211126_105958.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

Decent shave this morning, bit rough on the first with the new blade but one of those things. Otherwise feeling ready and refreshed for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a grand weekend.

Cheers

Marc

25 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

27 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Blue Devil ~ Lemonwood
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 7 of 9
12076800.jpg

Sat 27th November

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
P & B Spitfire
ER 1924
Gem S/S ( 3 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

A much nicer Shave today, made me realise that the blade used yesterday was spoiled.The 1924 really is an excellent Razor if you get the angle right, and employ a no pressure/ no rush technique. I was rather pleased with the finished Shave today, which would give that delivered by some AC/SEs a run for their money.

A8CE4746-AF6B-49CF-86F3-338E26BCF9C7.jpeg

Saturday

OSP Herb Garden (sample)
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Steve Woodhead Ceramics Bowl
Bowl lather/face paint
Gillette Tuckaway (England, 1921)
Personna
Pitralon Classic after shave

Maiden voyage for my newly acquired Tuckaway (courtesy of @Mr.Draper87 ). Essentially a New Improved with a smaller handle, it has the same assertiveness and blade feel as its larger relative (let’s face it, it’s the same head).

Beautifully smooth result; three days growth hewn down in two passes.

The OSP Herb Garden sample came from @James Riley when I purchased another one of his soaps. It’s a great performer and the Pitralon Classic after shave is the perfect accompaniment.

24828111-C182-42ED-8DC1-1544E1167402.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom