Shatner, Rocket Man

I once showed that to a colleague in the lab I did my Masters in. After he picked his jaw up off the floor, he (as an ex-pot smoker himself) declared that "The Shat" had to be smoking a very strong sample.

Rocket Man said:
Apparently William Shatner is also a Rocket Man, as he tells us in this 'interpretative' performance from 1978:

Shatner_Rocket_Man

Hi there,

Your avatar is one I'm pretty familiar with, having grown up watching that show as a kid. Yep, a new episode was shown every Sunday morning, and if you missed it you were screwed. No telling how many years till it was run again.

Living in Chicago back then in the 1950s, we were able to receive five tv channels...all black and white. One was a PBS station, which was worthless to a kid at all times.

Some great music in those old shows, Got me interested in Wagner and Liszt (Le Prelude), which was a very good thing.

Martin

[/quote]

Hi there,

Your avatar is one I'm pretty familiar with, having grown up watching that show as a kid. Yep, a new episode was shown every Sunday morning, and if you missed it you were screwed. No telling how many years till it was run again.

Living in Chicago back then in the 1950s, we were able to receive five tv channels...all black and white. One was a PBS station, which was worthless to a kid at all times.

Some great music in those old shows, Got me interested in Wagner and Liszt (Le Prelude), which was a very good thing.

Martin

[/quote]

Hi Martin, I loved watching the show as a kid too, but when it was repeated on the BBC in the 70's! Remember the suspense of the cliffhangers at the end of each episode? I still think the Rocket is kind of cool. I always thought that Dale Arden was worth blasting off for too!

chrisbell said:
I once showed that to a colleague in the lab I did my Masters in. After he picked his jaw up off the floor, he (as an ex-pot smoker himself) declared that "The Shat" had to be smoking a very strong sample.

Yep, Shatner has always gone where no man has gone before. Rock It, Man!

Hi there,

Hi Martin, I loved watching the show as a kid too, but when it was repeated on the BBC in the 70's! Remember the suspense of the cliffhangers at the end of each episode? I still think the Rocket is kind of cool. I always thought that Dale Arden was worth blasting off for too!
[/quote]

It looks like the rocket ship may be using coal for fuel. Diesel was also a popular rocket ship fuel on Mongo, which you probably already know. Sound effects reminded me of a cantankerous lawn mower.

Well, back in the day, I was watching Superman shows as they were being made, Still have a soft spot for those episodes.

If you happen to watch Family Guy you may have caught the episode where Stewie does his tribute to Shatners version of Rock-It man.

If not youtube is your friend :)

I actually think it's worthwhile. I've seen it several times, the first time was years ago so the hilarity has worn off... I'm left with an ability to see it as he intended - although I still giggle a little.

What fucking ego maniac's some of these actors are! I had a uncle called Warren Stevens who was in the early episodes of Star Trek in the 1960s, not sure if he was one of the first captains he also appeared in the cult Sci fi classic Forbidden Planet as Doc Ostrow, also Bonanza Gun Smoke, Outer limits, now he had a ego the size of the Millenium stadium.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warren-stevens-death-obituary-305537

Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom