Settling down...

I'm fast returning to the settled ways I had for some years when I used a 39 slant, Feather blade & MWF every day.

Now back to Ever Ready Se most mornings (alternated with Slim or Cobra on occasion).

Mama Bear soap when not yielding to the delights of Sunbury or Prof B soaps.

& of course the ever reliable Trumper's skin food.

Johnny (boringly predictable) O. \ :geek:

Interesting thread.

Razors: Have about 30 DEs, but use 3-4 of them really. Not into straights yet, but can't wait to try SEs.

Brushes: Having used a Chubby 2 2B and a Shavemac D01 2B 26mm, I think I'm there. These two, coupled by another one or two brushes are more than enough for me.

Soaps/creams: With a total of around 90 combined, I practically use more than 20 in regular rotation. It'll be hard to thin out below the number 20-30 at the moment.

Blades: Wilkinson Sword German is the solid choice so far, works well on most razors I use.

ASs: Use a variety here, and depending on weather.

ASBs: Ditto, I love asb's, and should I ever have to leave North Europe I'll miss using them. I really use 7-8 on a constant basis, same like with AS's.

EdTs: 5-6 on a regular basis, here I intend to get more in the future.

It's probably too early for me to settle down (it's been just over 6 months since I switched to a DE), but:

Razors: 3 main DEs - Red tip, Slant, EJ de87
But then I've just discovered the Injector ('Golden 500'), which I love. And the XD20 shavette, which has given me a hankering for straights - aaargh, where does it all end...?

Blades: 3 - Tiger, Treet Platinum, Feather

Creams/soaps: Still working my way through as many as possible. Of the ones tried so far, those I would continue to use are TOBS avocado cream, BS Maca Root, Palmolive ss, Erasmic cream, Trumper limes/sandalwood cream

Brushes: This could well become my new AD. I've never used anything other than a pure badger, and now need to sample more ;) . I want to try some different Simpsons brushes, and having missed out on Fido's earlier brushes, am very interested in the Tubby 1 when it appears.

ASB: Bulldog. 'Nuff said

Jos

N_Architect said:
Interesting thread.

Razors: Have about 30 DEs, but use 3-4 of them really. Not into straights yet, but can't wait to try SEs.

Brushes: Having used a Chubby 2 2B and a Shavemac D01 2B 26mm, I think I'm there. These two, coupled by another one or two brushes are more than enough for me.

Soaps/creams: With a total of around 90 combined, I practically use more than 20 in regular rotation. It'll be hard to thin out below the number 20-30 at the moment.

Blades: Wilkinson Sword German is the solid choice so far, works well on most razors I use.

ASs: Use a variety here, and depending on weather.

ASBs: Ditto, I love asb's, and should I ever have to leave North Europe I'll miss using them. I really use 7-8 on a constant basis, same like with AS's.

EdTs: 5-6 on a regular basis, here I intend to get more in the future.

Hi K,
What are your regular EDT's and what's on your list to try
Sorry for the sidestep all.
regards, beejay

I like Joe only use a very small amount of stuff,

Only use one razor (have yet to try the shavette from yourself Max)
Only use one of about four soaps/creams on rotation (but love trying new ones)
Blades change all the time as I like the difference each time
Brush just a NF 2201, love to bits, only other brush I would like to change is a smaller fatter brush with a bigger loft/head to it

Aftershaves/AS balms just Prof Blighty ones I have.

Some things are settled for me, some aren't.

Prep: Cold water.

Razors: RocketHD and flairtip rocket.

Blades: Yellows and blueueueueues.

Soap: Monsavon.

Brush: 2201

After: This is where it becomes unsettled and where I spend most money, I just pick from a box full.

Smelly: As a penhaligons whore it's either Elixir, Endymion, Opus, or Hamman bouquet.

beejay said:
Hi K,
What are your regular EDT's and what's on your list to try
Sorry for the sidestep all.
regards, beejay
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this by accident...

Favorite EdTs/EdPs in the rotation:

- YSL Kouros EdT (old but also new formulation);
- Amouage Dia EdP;
- Penhaligons Opus 1870 EdT;
- Guerlain Homme L'Instant EdT (a lovely perfume);
- Bulgari Black (another excellent fragrance, worth a try);
- Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT (a 1965, but reformulated, classic);
- Acqua di Parma Colonia EdT;
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta EdT;
- Prada EdT;
- Amouage Gold EdP;
- Miller Harris Terre de Bois EdT;