Separate thread for 'treasures'?

Hiya,

Couple months ago I remember reading a few members comments talking about sharing some of their lesser known or rarely seen items in the arsenal. At the time I thought it would be a good and also pretty active topic , so credit goes to them for this thought.

Seems like there'd be no shortage of unusual DE, SE, or straight razors that members might enjoy showing off in a droolworthy manner. Of course the topic includes soaps/creams/brushes, and other collateral damage kinda things.

Does creating a new dedicated thread grab you guys? It might even cause some of the older members to maybe still take pictures, even though they forgot how to shave! In addition, there may be other threads similar to this concept but I can't recall one, not that it matters anyway. Just saying.

Comments?

Martin

Sounds good to me!
I have a few unusual items - mainly memorabilia.
Will dig some of them out and take photos over the next few weeks.
Maybe we could sticky this thread if it proves successful.

@dodgy i bet you have some amazing stuff to show us!

Sounds good to me!
I have a few unusual items - mainly memorabilia.
Will dig some of them out and take photos over the next few weeks.
Maybe we could sticky this thread if it proves successful.

@dodgy i bet you have some amazing stuff to show us!

Hiya doin buddy,

Yeah, I was hoping for something to be created elsewhere and just looking for input right now.

Far as me having some things, I might have one or two items at the most stashed somewhere.

Great idea, I would like to see what people have got tucked away. I know Dave in KY has an impressive stash of rarities, unicorn poop and hen's teeth, so it should be interesting.
Hiya doin,

Yes, I believe Dave did mention that in his conversation and it was what got me thinking and that tweaked my curiosity. It's a kick for me seeing or hearing about something unusual that members have somehow acquired. The items (including fragrances too) can be anything talked about already here in that vein, so to speak.

Kinda curious to see where we end up,

Martin

Sounds good, would it include things such as Gillette and other shave company flipper coins etc ?

What's up Dave,

I had to search for those old coins, and things like that would be fine to include. Adverts or pictures could be part of it too. It's possible pjgh might enjoy spooking the folks with some of his infernal devices that use very sharp blades. Hehe, some of his old SOTD posts were pretty good, not to mention his macabre/diabolical advice when newer members asked about the razor's 'efficiency' factor. Hell, it was partially your idea I saw posted so your input is important since you'd put some thought toward the creation a while ago.

No telling what those TSR enthusiastic hobbyists might have stuck away or displayed.. The deepest swallowed hook for me would be unobtanium soaps/creams. Plus I'd bet plenty of those items have still never been used and are just held gently occasionally and put back wherever.

Martin

What's up Dave,

I had to search for those old coins, and things like that would be fine to include. Adverts or pictures could be part of it too. It's possible pjgh might enjoy spooking the folks with some of his infernal devices that use very sharp blades. Hehe, some of his old SOTD posts were pretty good, not to mention his macabre/diabolical advice when newer members asked about the razor's 'efficiency' factor. Hell, it was partially your idea I saw posted so your input is important since you'd put some thought toward the creation a while ago.

No telling what those TSR enthusiastic hobbyists might have stuck away or displayed.. The deepest swallowed hook for me would be unobtanium soaps/creams. Plus I'd bet plenty of those items have still never been used and are just held gently occasionally and put back wherever.

Martin
Thanks Martin, I'll watch for the thread and see what I can contribute. Mostly looking forward to the Vaults ( Looking at you @pjgh ) of members might give us to enjoy viewing.

There was a cool wall thread about ten years back but a lot of the photos are broken links now.

I have some interesting bits and pieces I could contribute. Not much in the way of razors but lots of blades and a good few vintage soaps and creams, plus a little memorabilia.

So is someone going to start us off with a new thread then?

There's been a number of thread - Cool Wall, Oldest Razor, Favourite Razor, Pictures No Words,

So, what, where, when, how is this going to happen? Indeed, I have literally thousands of pictures of shaving crap that has passed through my hands and of the few hundred that remain in my collection. How about a new forum called Collections, or something like, and folks can initiate their own threads ... everything in one thread or maybe multiple threads if folks have a number of categories, or maybe themed threads like 'Vault of Horror' or 'Before Gillette'?

There's been a number of thread - Cool Wall, Oldest Razor, Favourite Razor, Pictures No Words,

So, what, where, when, how is this going to happen? Indeed, I have literally thousands of pictures of shaving crap that has passed through my hands and of the few hundred that remain in my collection. How about a new forum called Collections, or something like, and folks can initiate their own threads ... everything in one thread or maybe multiple threads if folks have a number of categories, or maybe themed threads like 'Vault of Horror' or 'Before Gillette'?

Hiya doin Paul,

Well thank you for those reminders, since I totally blanked out regarding those other threads except the last one.

I'd guess this particular thread would 'be your meat', as we say in Colorado and you could post for years without depleting your....I don't know what to call it.

Hey now, I'd be happy to have you run things if that's of any interest. You "shore do have a purty way uh talkin" (sounding like me actually conversing normally).

Comments anyone?

Hiya doin Paul,

Well thank you for those reminders, since I totally blanked out regarding those other threads except the last one.

I'd guess this particular thread would 'be your meat', as we say in Colorado and you could post for years without depleting your....I don't know what to call it.

Hey now, I'd be happy to have you run things if that's of any interest. You "shore do have a purty way uh talkin" (sounding like me actually conversing normally).

Comments anyone?
Well, he sure has a purty way uh talkin thats for sure! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom