Semogue 1305 Boar Shaving Brush

...I also enjoy the 620; even though it took an age to break-in and probably still has some way to go in terms of giving its best...
I've had a 620 for just over 6 months and it's still breaking in. Only a few of the tips have split, but it's getting softer and better with each use. It's a great face lather, and I anticipate that it will be incredible when the ends fully split.

I have four Semogue brushes, 830,1305,1438,1470..they where all bought this year, so it's taken a while to get them broken in, the 1305, is starting to split at the tips, which is making it lovely and soft, i find them all to be good for face & bowl lathering..they a wonderfully made, and at a very reasonable price, i can't compare them with a high-priced badger brush, because i don't have one, but imho, they are just as good.

I have four Semogue brushes, 830,1305,1438,1470..they where all bought this year, so it's taken a while to get them broken in, the 1305, is starting to split at the tips, which is making it lovely and soft, i find them all to be good for face & bowl lathering..they a wonderfully made, and at a very reasonable price, i can't compare them with a high-priced badger brush, because i don't have one, but imho, they are just as good.

...how does your 1305 compare with your 830?' I notice the 830 has the same premium 90% tops bristles but more of them...

Shortly after replying to your post saying I would be buying one because of your posting I recieved a PM off a fellow fourm member who said he had one that he was not using and offered it to me free of charge.....wow, I was blown away by this act of selfless generosity and this kind of action makes TSR a very special place with extraordinary people who offer items to others as a PIF and to the people who offer advice and share their knowledge and are only too pleased to do so, it's because of these things that makes me extremely happy to be a part of this wonderful community of ours. I am sure the brush will bring me as much joy as it does for you. :)

...it would be good to get your thoughts on the 1305 once you have had the chance to give it a go...

...it would be good to get your thoughts on the 1305 once you have had the chance to give it a go...
Well it's been a few months now but because I use the 1305 in a rotation of a dozen brushes it has only now really broken in and the tips are starting to go soft and feathery.
It is the brush with the smallest knot I own with most of mine being 26mm and up but even so it performs just as well as its bigger brother's.
The finnish is still as good as when it was first given to me and it has only lost a couple of hair's in use.
50% of my brushes are boar and all relatively cheap compared to my silvertip badger brushes but once broken in are just as soft and a joy to use and the 1305 is no exception.
Would I recommend this brush to anyone who was looking for a good boar brush?...... Yes I most definitely would, this brush is a little champ and the more I use it the better it gets.
I only have one gripe with this brush and other's who have it and it's the dyeing of the bristles to imitate badger, to my mind I'm pleased it's boar and there is no need to pretend otherwise..... Brush maker's, take note. :)
A thankyou to @Missoni who originally turned me on to this brush and a thank you to the TSR member who kindly donated this brush to me. :)

Well it's been a few months now but because I use the 1305 in a rotation of a dozen brushes it has only now really broken in and the tips are starting to go soft and feathery.
It is the brush with the smallest knot I own with most of mine being 26mm and up but even so it performs just as well as its bigger brother's.
The finnish is still as good as when it was first given to me and it has only lost a couple of hair's in use.
50% of my brushes are boar and all relatively cheap compared to my silvertip badger brushes but once broken in are just as soft and a joy to use and the 1305 is no exception.
Would I recommend this brush to anyone who was looking for a good boar brush?...... Yes I most definitely would, this brush is a little champ and the more I use it the better it gets.
I only have one gripe with this brush and other's who have it and it's the dyeing of the bristles to imitate badger, to my mind I'm pleased it's boar and there is no need to pretend otherwise..... Brush maker's, take note. :)
A thankyou to @Missoni who originally turned me on to this brush and a thank you to the TSR member who kindly donated this brush to me. :)

...thanks for your feedback; delightd the brush was good for you...

The backbone on mine was as stiff as a board I think I had a seconds or something. I really do mean from the top of the tips down it just would not splay at all. Yes I tried for months to break it in but it was just a stubborn pig I guess, really put me off this brush. Like I said I may have had bad bristles.

Back
Top Bottom