Razor: Schick Type "O" Original/Clone
Blade: Supply Black ?/Schick
Brush: Unbrand Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Tabac
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,372
Thanks for that.I have a clone and it delivers great Shaves with a Twin Blade.

Schick Type "O" BATTLE Original Versus Clone
Tuesday August 9, 2022
Razor: Schick Type "O" Original/Clone
Blade: Supply Black ?/Schick
Brush: Unbrand Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Tabac
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,372
Thanks for doing that - I suppose your conclusion - that they are identical in all but branding - falls into the 'no shit Sherlock' category.:) The clue is in the description 'clone.' My O type is my 'funeral' razor - need a good shave but with zero risk of damage? I find it perfect for that sort of situation. As said above - try the Japanese twin blades - they make an already good razor even better. They will fit any Schick (other than adjustable) from the I type onwards. Not so easy to find though. Connaught in the UK had them in stock recently but they seem to have disappeared. I got mine from Japan via EBay, if I remember correctly. If you draw a blank let me know, I don't have many but I'll happily post you a couple to try. Cheers - I.

Thanks for doing that - I suppose your conclusion - that they are identical in all but branding - falls into the 'no shit Sherlock' category.:) The clue is in the description 'clone.' My O type is my 'funeral' razor - need a good shave but with zero risk of damage? I find it perfect for that sort of situation. As said above - try the Japanese twin blades - they make an already good razor even better. They will fit any Schick (other than adjustable) from the I type onwards. Not so easy to find though. Connaught in the UK had them in stock recently but they seem to have disappeared. I got mine from Japan via EBay, if I remember correctly. If you draw a blank let me know, I don't have many but I'll happily post you a couple to try. Cheers - I.
Point being not ALL "Clones" are a true copy. Take a look at most all the razors Yaqi clones/copies. I only did the comparison as I was asked to multiple times. I personally feel these are not merely a Copy/Clone but we're produced with the same materials, machines etc but without the labeling. They are TOO perfect a copy to not have been.

I do appreciate the offer of the twin blades. I have one in my Type N and will get around to trying one in here as I said. I have a bunch of VERY good vintage Schick Twin Blades. Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom