Schick Injector Razor Type Query

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/bhcAAOSw0vBUfhBJ/$_57.JPG

Any idea what type this razor is? I think it is a G type but have to admit I know diddly squat about the Schicks.

Also, have any of you ever loaded Feather blades in the Schick and if so, is it worth the effort?

Micheal

missingskin said:
Any help ?

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Steve,

Many thanks for the link. To my untrained eye and mind it looks like a G Type. Excellent link .. I've bookmarked it.

Cheers, Micheal

Guys, thanks for the responses. I've just received a NOS PAL Injectomatic with PAL blades that I'm going to try (realize they had some QC issues with these items) but then may try to get me a G type.

Cheers, Micheal

Greetings Michael

The quality control issues with PAL injectors I am sure you will find was only with some of the PAL Adjustables where the head (frame) in some was machined on the 'skew' I doubt you will find any issues with the Injectomatics.

Those PAL blades by the way will almost certainly be carbon steel with a layer of machine oil on each blade, no doubt you will want to try one, I have and they pull like a train to the point just short of when your eyes fill with tears! Incredibly inspite of this they shave really close but the pulling is just not worth enduring for the end result.

I have never worked out if these blades were crap initially or whether they have simply degraded with the passing of the years; perhaps it is a bit of both.

With regard to using the Feather injector style blades I have not tried it, obviously you will need to snap off the excess, I did a couple of years ago read an article on one of the forums about it but I am unable to now find it, I suspect you would not be able to use the Pro guards because of the little whiskers binding as you inject the blade.

I personally like the Schick G's they shave very nicely and are not as fierce as the earlier E models, I get on well with the Personna PTFE blades that Paul from Connaughts sell.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Michael

The quality control issues with PAL injectors I am sure you will find was only with some of the PAL Adjustables where the head (frame) in some was machined on the 'skew' I doubt you will find any issues with the Injectomatics.

Those PAL blades by the way will almost certainly be carbon steel with a layer of machine oil on each blade, no doubt you will want to try one, I have and they pull like a train to the point just short of when your eyes fill with tears! Incredibly inspite of this they shave really close but the pulling is just not worth enduring for the end result.

I have never worked out if these blades were crap initially or whether they have simply degraded with the passing of the years; perhaps it is a bit of both.

With regard to using the Feather injector style blades I have not tried it, obviously you will need to snap off the excess, I did a couple of years ago read an article on one of the forums about it but I am unable to now find it, I suspect you would not be able to use the Pro guards because of the little whiskers binding as you inject the blade.

I personally like the Schick G's they shave very nicely and are not as fierce as the earlier E models, I get on well with the Personna PTFE blades that Paul from Connaughts sell.

Regards
Dick.

Dick,

Thanks for the info. Supposedly the Pal blades I have are stainless steel so hopefully won't be too bad. As regards the Feather blades, they sound like too much trouble to be worth it.
I was actually looking for a Schick G when I happened across the PAL. Have a Schick L and it is great for trimming around goatee but want something a bit more aggressive like the G or E.
It's amazing how much miscellaneous stuff one accumulates when looking for something specific like the Schick (I'm too much like a magpie).
Cheers, Micheal

Back
Top Bottom