Schick injector adjustable

rolatruck said:
Just got one of these, brand new in box with 5 original blades. Going to give it a go tonight, anyone used these before? Any tips?

rolatruck said:
I take it they are not that aggresive then?

Nice acquisition. Those are one of the best designs and yes, the adjustment thing does work. Cranked up all the way and using a very sharp blade can make you pay some attention during the shave. My magic # is 4, so the three higher settings are there to some degree. Speaking of blades, I can't say for sure but would guess the vintage ones will be just fine to use.

Give it 4-5 shaves to get the hang of any new tweaks needed and there will be some. To me, injectors are a very good change of pace. Heh, I used my adjustable just the other day.

Martin

Another fan here. Like the Schick blades too. Older blades labrlled eversharp Schick aren't so good but I'm guessing these will be krona or a variation on platinum (platinum plus, ultra platinum etc.). All good

Hiya,

When loading any injector it's always a good idea to watch as the blade is sliding into place. Sometimes the first blade is tough to get started and there can be a less than smooth motion. You wanna make sure the blade edge isn't contacting anything metal along the way. Easy to dull a blade and not know it.

Martin

Dont know where the bloke on ebay gets them from but he has sold 3 or 4 in the last few months. It even had the blade guard in the razor with a brand new pack of blades in them, and the whole lot looks brand new. Paid £35 including free tracked delivery from Spain, i think this was a good price, as he sold another one for about $90.

rolatruck said:
Dont know where the bloke on ebay gets them from but he has sold 3 or 4 in the last few months. It even had the blade guard in the razor with a brand new pack of blades in them, and the whole lot looks brand new. Paid £35 including free tracked delivery from Spain, i think this was a good price, as he sold another one for about $90.

Got a link?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Schick-Dial-1-8-Injector-Razor-5-New-Platinum-Blades-Case-/201213146864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed93cf6f0 Cant beleive he has another!

Back
Top Bottom