Scentless Pre Shave Oils or Creams

Hi guys,

I have noticed that every pre shave oil or cream I seem to have come across either has a strong scent of menthol/eucalyptus or of citrus.

I am finding that no matter what cream or soaps I use (ranging from cheap to expensive and lightly scented to heavily scented) their smell is being cut through by the pre shave.

Does anyone have any ideas of very lightly scented or scentless pre shave cream or oils that I can give a go?

Cameron

I've been using Jaggers Hydrating preshave lotion for quite some time and, although it has a menthol kick when first applied, I haven't noticed it overpowering my soap. It's available through Gallant & Klein amonst others.

If you have the Myrsol Emulsion - that's also pretty fragrance free to my snozzle.

I rate them both as preshaves and the Myrsol is a good post balm as well.

UKRob said:
I've been using Jaggers Hydrating preshave lotion for quite some time and, although it has a menthol kick when first applied, I haven't noticed it overpowering my soap. It's available through Gallant & Klein amonst others.

If you have the Myrsol Emulsion - that's also pretty fragrance free to my snozzle.

Thanks for that Rob. I have tried Jaggers before and it didn't for one reason or another get on with my skin. I'm a sensitive wee sole you see haha.

I am interested in the Myrsol Emulsion but can't find it anywhere online for sale. Any idea where I can pick a bottle up?

Cameron

Either Simpsons Pre Shave Oil or Zirh Pre Shave Oil. Out of the 2 I would go for Zirh, it's is a very, very good performer. It seems like it has Teflon in it it's so slippery ;)

cameron.renton said:
UKRob said:

Thanks for that Rob. I have tried Jaggers before and it didn't for one reason or another get on with my skin. I'm a sensitive wee sole you see haha.

I am interested in the Myrsol Emulsion but can't find it anywhere online for sale. Any idea where I can pick a bottle up?

Cameron

Re. Myrsol. Take a gander at our "Vendor" section. "Giftsandcare" posted today. I seem to remember he also gives a discount to TSR members.

pjgh said:
You could always use a straight-up oil: olive oil, argan oil, grapeseed ...

I'd agree and I'd try a light vegetable oil like olive (but not Virgin as it has a scent!), it was good enough for Alexander the Great after all. Maybe drop the razor and go full on manly with a slab of flint?

(Former idea is serious, latter is just a giggle, unless you fancy trialling it for Vinny?)

I just grab the virgin, a kitchen knife and go mental! :D

My regular PSO is a blend of 3/4 extra virgin olive oil, then the remaining 1/4 a blend of extra virgin avocado oil and extra virgin coconut oil. Yes, it has a scent, but ... it's what I have right there in the kitchen. To reduce the scent, I add a good splash of lemon, lime and grapefruit juices.

Our OP didn't want that citrus scent, so second pressing olive oil would do the trick perfectly well.

Back
Top Bottom