Scent of The Day

It's lush, it's oriental with a big hit of Sandlewood, Amber and leather Oud but is kept light with neroli and rose, there is a spice element going on too it could be cinnamon and a touch of musk. All in all its a fab scent and I can't get enough of it. :) I got a massive 25% off from Escentual a few weeks back so not a bad price for such a wonderful scent. I'm getting into Guerlain in a big way ......a new Obssesion ! :)
Woof! Sounds delicious...

LEGcwQM.jpg

I tried and failed to get another 250ml to knock some out last month, if I get the chance I'll grab one B

Perry Ellis - Black Vanilla Absolute, a.k.a. OBVA (oud, black vanilla absolute).

A somewhat boozy concoction, oversweetened at the opening and settling down to a rummy-oud combination. Bit more to my liking 30 minutes in but still sub-par vs Fève Délicieuse, which ticks a similar box in my opinion.

Edit: 2 hours in, it's far less sweet and the soured notes of oud are coming to the forefront. Very vanilla-y, seems to have settled to far more of a close-skin scent this early on. I retract my statement about FD, it's really quite different to that, but it probably wouldn't get enough air-time with me to warrant a full bottle.

Last edited:
My choice of shaving soap dictated my frag choice today. Eufros Premium Agarwood. I've described this soap before as smelling “like someone's took an old mouldy wooden medicine cabinet (that's) had iodine spilled in it and tried to set it on fire and failed” It has some staying power for a soap. I can usually still smell it on the brush several days later. Acqua Di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée is my choice to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom