Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
The start of a new shaving week themed 'Burning the midnight oil'

IMG_20210507_235933.jpg

2 minutes to midnight - Cobra
Midnight at the lost and found - Kai Captain
After midnight - Wee whisky barrel
In the midnight hour - ADP Collezione

This is the advantage of working the midnight hour. The first SOTD for this particular week.

Another outing with the Cobra and all I asked was for it to remove two days worth of facial junk. In reply that is exactly what I got. This is one very impressive piece of kit. I already knew that about the ADP and @Ian T 's wonderful little brush.

No expletive language was included in this shave and a nice clean start to the weekend for you all. And at my end one very superlative shave with as smooth a finish as I could wish for. And all while tugging and pulling all night.

And have a smashing, safe and happy weekend you shaveateers.

And to end on and just to prove everything Japanese girly groupy need not be mental headed

But I will try harder next time

eacd1fb8025d2d91dc305f0912f4e117.jpg

SOTD : 8th May 2021.

93.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.
Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face./bloom water face wash.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega ~ Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade : Astra Superior Stainless.(D1)
Razor : Muhle r41.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with the Astra Superior Stainless blade, another blade from the St Petersburg camp. The Astra SS i find them to be more efficient and it's longevity is better than the Astra SP. Paired together with the efficient semi-opened comb R41 wonderfully...Using the lightest of touch it cut through my stubble with effortless ease leaving my face feeling dolphin smooth...A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 8th SOTD
Soap Stirling Baker Street
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Really nice soap...The scent was great, the lather was thickly creamy and slick... (y)(y)(y)
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and very comfortable. Even better feel and efficiency compared with the Czech-made Astra. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Another excellent aftershave.
20210508_090216.jpg

Sotd-08-05-21.jpg

Yesterday -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - m plate
blade - Lodz Polsilver (?3)
brush - Stirling finest fan
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus N
balm - Weleda
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

All good. Taking off a five day growth. Enjoyed that. Have magnificent shaves - one and all - yours - I.

@Satanfriendly - your choice of Japanese girly track of the day was magnificent. Very odd but compelling. Bangin' shamisen solo - I think that is right? My knowledge of traditional Japanese string instruments is rudimentary at best. Good effort from the lads. At least - you would never be lacking of somewhere in downtown Shinjuku to park your bike? :)

Patiently, patiently - waiting for my new fountain pen to arrive.

View attachment 69526

Yesterday -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - m plate
blade - Lodz Polsilver (?3)
brush - Stirling finest fan
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus N
balm - Weleda
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

All good. Taking off a five day growth. Enjoyed that. Have magnificent shaves - one and all - yours - I.

@Satanfriendly - your choice of Japanese girly track of the day was magnificent. Very odd but compelling. Bangin' shamisen solo - I think that is right? My knowledge of traditional Japanese string instruments is rudimentary at best. Good effort from the lads. At least - you would never be lacking of somewhere in downtown Shinjuku to park your bike? :)

Patiently, patiently - waiting for my new fountain pen to arrive.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

183606325_1452187668492158_8475508435115594786_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green pre-shave
Soap: TDS Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Tatra Platinum (1)

A much-needed return to shaving calm after yesterday's rush job. First time with a Tatra, and it's done a decent job. Up there with the Tiger for me but below a Voskhod so a very decent daily blade. It felt like day 2 would be sharper as well. Triple menthol (quadruple if you believe Baxter's claim - which I dispute :cautious:) but a big enough hit to get me ready to face the world. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom