Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

l4v8wW8.jpg

B&M Seville (Excelsior) & respective AS
Schick E1 injector
Gillette NOS Platinum Plus (#3)
RazoRock 400 synth (cut down handle)

Three day beard erased. ;)

Micromatic Mon 22 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 6th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash with 3 Frost Drops.
Wonderful shave soap! Lovely scent, rich, creamy, and slick lather...love it! The brush is just awesomely & surprisingly soft!
A good shave with the razor paired with the blade. The blade is still smooth and comfortable enough. Uneventful in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The aftershave seems to be a match for the soap...nice!
20211122_093302.jpg

SOTD 22-Nov
20211121_143926.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback Oumo SHD Silk HMW
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: CB Karve Brass (E)
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent smooth shave this morning, great scent on the plunder. First use with the oumo knot, I'd bought this and the AP to try in my WW handle, this one lost out so decided to throw it in one of my spare ferules. A little bit of backbone, very cushioned feel and didn't seem to want to release the lather. I'll reserve judgement until I have had a lot of use under the belt.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

259733838_1057846844965332_5597597517249239735_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko Cool Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (3)

How much money would I have saved if I'd gone off down the cheap cream rabbit hole:unsure: I'm sure something else would have popped up to divest me of my money:rolleyes: Gotta be honest, there's a thrill in discovering a brilliant bargain, and both the cream and ASL fit that remit. Have a great week, everyone :D

Thank you one and all for your kind messages

P

@Digimonkey , what do you think of TDS Sandalwood?
So far so good P. - I had tried the Semyonich before and was impressed by it. I think the soap base in the samples you sent is much the same, so that bodes well. I'll try the TDS soap for a while, give it a fair run. The menthol smells lethal. :) Jar of Vicks anyone? Cheers - I.

FxMqu2Z.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: TOBS Eton College EdT

Very refreshing!

Back
Top Bottom