Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

17/11/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Focus R48
Blade - 0.5 Personna Platinum Super Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218
I still find this little razor confusing to use, although today was one of the better shaves i have had with it, applying pressure to razor does not feel natural. I really like the looks, the quirky workings of the head and it has given me a very nice close finish. I need to use it more so it becomes second nature. All in all very happy with that.

On a sad note, my little dog Max had to be admitted to the doggy hospital this morning with suspected Colitis, i really hope he pulls through. The vet looking after him is pretty confident so we have everything crossed for him.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

wishing Max a speedy recovery,Tony.

17/11/21
Razor - Focus R48
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218
I still find this little razor confusing to use, although today was one of the better shaves i have had with it, applying pressure to razor does not feel natural. I really like the looks, the quirky workings of the head and it has given me a very nice close finish. I need to use it more so it becomes second nature. All in all very happy with that.

On a sad note, my little dog Max had to be admitted to the doggy hospital this morning with suspected Colitis, i really hope he pulls through. The vet looking after him is pretty confident so we have everything crossed for him.

That’s Sad Tony i wish Max a speedy recovery
iv got a westie & would be devastated if anything happened
Good Luck

17/11/21
Razor - Focus R48
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218

Wishing Max a speedy recovery.

6F3DE501-4429-424F-97C0-072C255DB8D7.jpeg

SOTD: 17/11/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn & Chrome Brush
Bowl: Dscosmetics Shaving Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA High Jump 47 Puck
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this soap scent the aftershave lasts all day without being too strong, a masculine but soft and warming scent. The shave was as always great an easily achieved BBS and a joy with the Twig.
Enjoy your day!

20211117_175635.jpg
SOTD 17th Nov
Soap - TDS Kosmetika Rose Notes
Brush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor - Supply V2 3 dot Ultra Close plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #11
Post - TDS Kosmetika Rose lotion and Musgo Real balm.
Enjoying this plate on the Supply more and more. Really changes the character of this Injector. Never thought I would be enjoying the scent of Rose in my shaving routine. Shows how tastes change over time.
Lush 2 passes for a DFS finish.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Wednesday AM 2021-11-17
World Geography Day
PSymh0D.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + a few sprays of Demeter Almond to the lather
Wilkinson Bonded System (9)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave

An excellent shave, especially for an old single-blade cartridge razor. Like with the 'Sticky,' Wilkinson hit upon a great design with this razor. The original version of the XPEC, with parabens, made wonderful lather, given a toasted almond tone by the Demeter spray and balanced well by the aftershave.
nAKxmNl.jpg

17/11/21
Razor - Focus R48
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218

Joke he gets well soon

Wednesday 17th November

AM-JKLUOlfUWUxAT2hU5-JAGvZQnkmxXFM8P7BprSqMdk-ELuN0_jyzt9NgKEW6AAXHJ7ZZLMvHvNi6SSuRXE8H7lDTUw6BEkUpGEiTPuZSf2BQmpWhLquOxtaGDDh3tUrQx1nXbO1ABOmcuQBZ8SEGRAZ-dYw=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Potter & Moore Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Muhle Silvertip Fibre 33K256 23mm
MARS Razor w/Number 1 Plate
Super Shave X (1) SE
Aramis Aramis Aftershave

For the sake of completedness, I tried the number 1 plate and I'm glad I did ...

It certainly has its place and delivered a competent enough shave with two passes but a lot of buffing, even with a super-sharp blade like the Super Shave X. Versus the 2 plate, the 2 plate is better. Why? With both 1 and 2 you get that disposable razor tendency to push harder than you need to yet neither are at all dangerous and both shave irritation-free, even for a fellow like me used to a single pass who has to make two and then buff. So, what's the difference? Simple: for me, the 2 plate achieves a clean two pass shave without the buffing. To my face, the 1 plate is just too mild.

So, from the mild plates I like the 2 plate.

After shaving, I'd setup the razor for tomorrow with the 9 plate and marvelled at the yawning gap ... and then noticed that I'd missed a bit while shaving! I shave my top lip diagonally towards my lip, left side and right side, then nip off the middle. I'd forgotten to do that. Now, there is only one person who has gone down in history, famed for their toothbrush moustache and it's not Oliver Hardy ... so a quick squirt of canned goo and I whipped it off with the 9 plate.

Cor! I'm in for a ride tomorrow ...

Bang up to date and the shave themed...'If you are a Mongoose naysayer.....

I hate you
I hate you
I hate you

20211117_191843.jpg

Doomsayer - Stainless Mongoose
Naysayer - Feather Super Professional
Soothsayer - Alpha Wickhams Arctic Fox
Gainsayer - Signature Soaps Londinium
Leo Sayer - L'Occitane Cade balm

A third day in a row with the Mongoose and once again terrific smooth results. These SE razors really are the dogs danglies. And big dangles at that.

You want to see just how big? Go ahead make my day.

The brush is not quite my reach for but I have to give it support before it gets lonely. Even a brush needs some love. I was rather expecting this Alpha to be similar to the Wee Whiskey Barrel but it doesn't quite make the grade. The bristles are stiffer and they tend to hold too much water, and then it has its incontinence moment.

Bang goes the lather, followed up by excessive brush work to make something of what there is to be had. But somehow I managed to make something out of it all. Big marks to the Signature Soap for persevering and seeing it through. Acceptable endings.

Altogether another great showing from the Mongoose and yes 'I hate you I hate you, I hate you'

In case you are thinking I have lost the plot here and ending on Ugly Kid Joe instead of the usual Japanese ladies, then don't get too worried about my wellbeing as all is well that ends well............

And of course, I do love you all

Razor = Timeless Bronze
Treet = Carbon ( 2 ). Bangladesh
Brush = Whisky Barrel High Mountain Badger
Soap = OSP Old Gold with matching splash
Balm = Bay Rum @executiveshaving
D02F8C8B-EE1D-4EE2-AD7D-13FFA2DAB977.jpegTop Drawer Shave Tonight

OSP Old Gold @James Riley homage to
Old Spice.
An absolutely class soap
mind you i love the 5 OSP’s i have & possibly my favourite Artisan.
Everything about this shave was class.
This brush is the lightest i own & definitely up there with the best.
Only a 2 pass shave for me tonight as my face can’t really take 3 passes everyday.
Onwards & Upwards Lads
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom