Sat. 3rd Nov. to Frid. 9th Nov. 2012

Monday Morning​

Good shave this morning. I had an important meeting today so no changing things around, just a good comfortable shave.
Sitting in a taxi this morning I just happened to look at of the window and realise we were passing Truefitt & Hill on St James St. At least I know where it is now!

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Neep 26mm Extra Silvertip in Kingfisher Burl
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: Personna Red (2)
A/S: TOBS Eton College

merkur hd
flying eagle (pink and white)
semogue oc 2 band
old spice shaving cream
old spice fresh lime AS/ 444

very respectable shave. two decent shaves from this blade but i dont think ill push it to a third, i got them dirt cheap so pretty pleased with them.

Still enough work going on in the house generating mess that I don't want to have brushes out, but back at work, so my morning shave was (again) Noxzema Cocoa Butter and the Artist Club RG. Very nice too.

MONDAY EVENING

Gillette Slim Twist
Polsilver (5)
Simpsons Emperor 2 2-band
Valobra - scuttle lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Not a good idea to go for a fifth go with this blade. Blunted by the end, so I have a couple of nicks.

Still got close though. If you haven't got a Slim Twist then get one!

Monday. Broke my role and didn't let the Demon rest a full day without using it again!
Razor: Black Demon....still nothing on it is even close to Black so no idea of how it got the name! Rehoned it a little since yesterday. Back to the felt with Chrome and Diamond. 20 on the linen and 40 on the leather
Soap: Taylor of old Bond St. Sandalwood shave cream in a tub.
Brush: boar
Alum etc
The rehoning did it. A BBS shave in 3 passes. Much smoother. No burn with the alum or AS. Tamed the Demon.

Monday 5th November:

Prep: L Oreal Men Expert charcoal face wash
Cream: Erasmic older formulation made in Jordan
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Ebony synthetic bristle
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth barley chrome
Blade: Gillette 'blue' label

It's the second time I've used a Gillette 'blue' label blade, and they are a good smooth blade, but not as good as others I've used, but okay.

Godrej Deluxe Lime shaving cream
Dettol Fresh shaving cream
Schick M adjustable injector on 2 (6) with Schick Ultra Platinum
Schick I injector with modern US Schick (2)
Scent from Heaven moisturising balm

The lime smell of the Godrej is slightly sweet and not too strong. Trumpers lime is stronger but with a more soapy lime smell. It lathers well but needs a little more product than a tobs offering.
The Dettol Fresh smells exactly like bathroom cleaner and on this first try needed a bit more lathering. I didn't need as much product as the Godrej and the lather was as good if not slightly better.
The Ultra Platinum was too blunt after the first pass so I switched to the modern Schicks available from the US on Amazon. The first time I used it it was very smooth and sharp. This second time it was still smooth but sharpness had dropped off a fair bit. I've been keeping the head dunked in a small pot of oil.
Got a very close shave which stung a little at first but twenty minutes and a bitterly cold walk to work later feels fine.

Greetings

Tuesday 6th November 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector G (8)
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Trumpers Rose
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

A very nice shave in spite of the Trumpers soap and not in any way because of it. I worked the brush on the puck for a full minute (I timed it) and then it made a fair lather.

I'm off very early in the morning to the airport and then a couple of weeks in Fuerteventura and some sun.........wonderful!

Regards
Dick.

Tuesday:

Nanny's French Lavender soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette NEW/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (1)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS
LEA AS Balm
L'Occitane Baux EdT

That'll do nicely!

Tuesday

Kent T4
Monsavon Bol-A-Raser
Filly DT 13, white scales
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydra Sensitive

Really smooth and close today. The Filly and Monsavon made a good combination. Think my face is getting used to the three shaves a week now, after months of shaving a maximum of twice a week.

This morning:

Pre: hot water face wash
Soap: la Toja
Brush: Turkish no6 horse
Razor: Weber bulldog DLC
Blade: permasharp (1)
Result: smooth chops. :)

First time using la Toja and first time face lathering with a stick. Enjoyed both.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood Soap
Razor Vintage Taylors Witness 3000
Brush Simpson M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Soap Palmolive
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux Edt

Jamie

The Taylors is a fine shaver, two pass shave BBS.

006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom