Saponificio Varesino Brushes?

The 2.0 starts blooming nicely.....
4441F6B2-5537-4462-BF9E-E68A0C683CDB_zps5ovdofjq.jpg

Very nice Rob. Please photo it again when it has bloomed a little. Looking forward to seeing it then.

As promised.
Tonight was the first I'd used it. I hadn't washed it out with shampoo or lathered it up previously. I just soaked it for ten minutes while I took a shower. No stink to it what so ever.
Oh and apologies for the quality of the photos.

Before:

Bloomed:

Here's a photo of a Duke 3 next to it to give you an idea if scale.

First impressions? This is a tricky one.
When wet it didn't have as much backbone or be as dense as I was expecting. It splayed out easily but when applying the lather in a painting motion it seemed to have enough backbone for me. See what I mean about it being tricky to figure out. It's going to take me a while to get my head round this one.
It whipped up a great lather and it felt very soft.
The handle is good in the hand but I would prefer it a little smaller. The wood looks stunning, really glad I went for the Cocobolo.

Sorry it's not a great review. My heads all over the place at the moment.

Cheers
Rob

@wayne mattison @Looney12345

Last edited:
As promised.
Tonight was the first I'd used it. I hadn't washed it out with shampoo or lathered it up previously. I just soaked it for ten minutes while I took a shower. No stink to it what so ever.

Before:

Bloomed:

When wet it didn't have as much backbone or be as dense as I was expecting. It splayed out easily but when applying the lather in a painting motion it seemed to have enough backbone for me. See what I mean about it being tricky to figure out. It's going to take me a while to get my head round this one.
The handle is good in the hand but I would prefer it a little smaller. The wood looks stunning, really glad I went for the Cocobolo.

Cheers
Rob

The brush hound does it again! Lovely brush mate, nothing wrong with your review....:)

As promised.

Before:

Bloomed:

Cheers
Rob

Great review buddy

Great review buddy

Cheers. I wish I could agree with you. :)
Although I've got a few (not enough) brushes I found this one hard to describe or even categorise. For starters, is it a Fan or Hybrid Knot? The brush acts and feels very different depending on whether you paint the lather on or with a circler motion.

Also it's A LOT bigger than the description on the SV website. It said the knot was 26/50. I've got to double check with a Vernier but the knot is easily 30mm. The width of the knot at its longest point is close to 70mm. This not a complaint BTW.

I do really like the brush, it's just difficult to describe it's characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom