Saponificio Varesino Brushes?

I am breaking in a 30mm Paragon brush from SV. It is a beautiful brush, dens knot with nice backbone and soft tips and quite classy handle design. Knot remembers a bit on the Shavemac Unique on first try. Check my SOTD, post 140.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...y-30th-december-2016.41409/page-7#post-612632

Got also a 26mm 2.0 brush from them which is still awaiting first use.

Marco

Cheers Marco. The Paragon looks like a beast. How's the handle, is it ergonomically/comfortable? I do like the look of it but I think it might be too big?

I've only read a couple of reviews last night. They say the 26 knot measure now like 28mm.

What type of material did you go for with your other one? Got any photos?

I'm thinking probably the Cocobolo?

Hi. I do have two of the HMW 2.0, one is cocobolo the other faux tortoise. Both are essentially perfect knots for my taste. Both handles are stunning although I find the cocobolo to be slightly more comfortable.

If you're up for it get the matching wood base- very unique and displays the brush well.

I hope your happy with your choice.
5697a8743eb2b02fb8343e10e2c3642c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I do have two of the HMW 2.0, one is cocobolo the other faux tortoise. Both are essentially perfect knots for my taste. Both handles are stunning although I find the cocobolo to be slightly more comfortable.

If you're up for it get the matching wood base- very unique and displays the brush well.

I hope your happy with your choice.
5697a8743eb2b02fb8343e10e2c3642c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the reply and your enablering.:D

Cheers Marco. The Paragon looks like a beast. How's the handle, is it ergonomically/comfortable? I do like the look of it but I think it might be too big?

I've only read a couple of reviews last night. They say the 26 knot measure now like 28mm.

What type of material did you go for with your other one? Got any photos?

I'm thinking probably the Cocobolo?

The Paragono is quite big but still good to handle. I have a 30mm Thäter in my rotation and similar to this a Paragone is easy to handle as long you are used to big brushes. The flow of the HMW knot is great and I think it will be even better after some extra uses when the brush is breaking in. The handle is ergonomic and well balanced and the natural texture of the Bocote wood makes it unique.
The 2.0 has a black Ebony handle, gives it a kind of understatement look. I got the black wooden stands with both brushes. They are practic to let the brushes dry and present them quite well.
I will post some pics at a later stage.
Marco

Here some pictures of the 30mm Paragon HMW I got as Christmas gift from my lovely girlfriend.

Before test lathering and first use:
EFA6D11E-24E4-4619-B098-3DFD00601FF3_zpsh2myu6pf.jpg

39BC3484-4FEA-49DF-9246-65168D4E34B3_zps5ayyxyx1.jpg

3B9AA7FF-ADD2-44BE-B220-74B767C19D92_zpsbvs10gwt.jpg

Blooming after first use:
4B91151C-9E12-4E07-9E26-E9DAB358836D_zpsjrekyvyy.jpg

83ED0786-EAB6-42FB-8E79-BA443C07C9D4_zps6vku0tk9.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Wow! It looks stunning! Should I get both?:p:D

I'll see how I get on with the one I've ordered first (takes deep breath, calm down, calm down).

Thank you for posting the pictures, really appreciate it.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom