Sample Packs

Evening all,

I have been enjoying working my way through a couple of smaller sample packs and any other blades I have found hanging about. So it got me looking about for another sample pack to try.

Any suggestions on any larger sample packs I can order easily in the UK? As apposed to the smaller packs that hold maybe 4/5 different blades. Or a few different ones I can order to make up the bundle?

Thanks

Evening all,

I have been enjoying working my way through a couple of smaller sample packs and any other blades I have found hanging about. So it got me looking about for another sample pack to try.

Any suggestions on any larger sample packs I can order easily in the UK? As apposed to the smaller packs that hold maybe 4/5 different blades. Or a few different ones I can order to make up the bundle?

Thanks

If you want to try a variety of different things then Razor Blades Club have a huge selection of blades and you can buy blades by the individual/tuck/card.

What kind of blades are you after? Sharp ones, smooth ones, esoteric ones?

If you want to try a variety of different things then Razor Blades Club have a huge selection of blades and you can buy blades by the individual/tuck/card.

What kind of blades are you after? Sharp ones, smooth ones, esoteric ones?

Good question, I have no real idea on anything specific or particularly niche/specialized. So far I would say the sharper end of things have suited me, but smooth is always nice as I shave pretty much daily. 7 o clock blades have been nice, London bridge, GSB all shaved well, only blades I really dislike were Gillette platinum and dorco titan, voskhod were just too mild.

I guess I am just looking to grab a selection of blades to mix in with I what I know works for me

Good question, I have no real idea on anything specific or particularly niche/specialized. So far I would say the sharper end of things have suited me, but smooth is always nice as I shave pretty much daily. 7 o clock blades have been nice, London bridge, GSB all shaved well, only blades I really dislike were Gillette platinum and dorco titan, voskhod were just too mild.

I guess I am just looking to grab a selection of blades to mix in with I what I know works for me

I gather you like blades on the sharper side of things? If you haven't come across these I'd recommend giving Gillette 365, and 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless a go. Both blades on the sharper side of things but they worked well for me.

Also the Russian Permasharp is a cracker! The Bic Chrome Platinum is a sharp blade but seems to be razor specific.

I'd say give a few things a go at Razor Blades Club, something a bit esoteric might end up being the magic blade for you.

Thanks, I'll add them to the list. The 7 o clock super stainless was very good, it there permasharp is as good it will be worthwhile addition. I need to revisit the russian permasharp I think it was better than I was last use, that may well be the next blade.

It's been quite interesting rotating blades, almost an endless process with so many blades on the market

Same here. My DE shaving days are over now and I've got loads of loose blades and blade packs to get rid of.

Happy to make up sample packs for you or anyone else for that matter.

Just wondering because I don't know, any legal issues with me sending blades in the post? Is age verification required? I'm thinking everyone on here is over 18. Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

That very generous of you both, I would happily take you up on your kind offers mainly out of curiousity of finding something I have never came across before. Thanks again

I don't think there's a problem sending blades in the post. The whole age verification thing is as far as I can tell, an ebay arse-covering exercise or a poorly thought out knee jerk legislation that would only apply to commercial sellers. Because obviously the peaky blinders were all under 18 and became model citizens on their 18th birthday lmao!

I buy my samples on the razorbladesclub.com site while the other American tryablade.com site seems to have been out of business for a year, probably closed down?
These are the latest blade samples I am trying.

blades (3).jpg

Besides the famous razorbladesclub.com is there another online shop that sells individual blades or packages?

Last edited:
Quite a few in the UK. Depends where you're based.
Connaught Shaving - excellent, fast service is you're based in the UK. Probably very good even if you aren't. I started out here.
La Barberia. They have a sample pack on clearance offer.
Razor Emporium. They have quite a range.

Thanks, I'll add them to the list. The 7 o clock super stainless was very good, it there permasharp is as good it will be worthwhile addition. I need to revisit the russian permasharp I think it was better than I was last use, that may well be the next blade.

It's been quite interesting rotating blades, almost an endless process with so many blades on the market
Try here

And here

Gillette Nacets and Minora are both very good blades

Back
Top Bottom