S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th July to Friday 15th July 2016

Hot Shower/palmolive body soap/body shop face& hair wash.
Razor Parker 98R./Blade: wilkinson sword Saloon pack.(new}
Soap Proraso Eucalyptus& Menthol shaving soap.(additional 4 drops of Glycerin in mixing bowl.}
Brush: Wilkinson Sword badger brush.
A/S Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol.
Nivea for men Aftershave balm.
I tried out the Wilkinson sword saloon pack blade with my shave,3 passes, quite a good duo..a really nice cool menthol smooth shave..I'm getting some great results lately trying different techniques.:)

Prep: Hot Rinse
Soap: Wilkinson Stick
Brush: Pils Silvertip Travel Brush
Razor: Pils 101NE
Blade: Bolzano Superinox
AS: Proraso Lozione Dopobarba

2666C5D9-CF32-413C-B840-071F8721273B_zpst6wcsdlz.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Tuesday night showershave
Gillette Guard
(I take a cartridge in to the shower... Hey, if you're into nakedness and razor blades, I'm not judging you)
Kiss My Face Lavender & Shea (KMF L&S)
(Lathers nicely, but today worked just as well un-lathered, spread on my mug like a pre-shave)
Plisson/L'occitane
(Spreads KMF L&S on my mug 8.4 percent better than my fingers, with only 12.3 percent more practice)
Nivea Originals Balm
(One of the giants for me, but not the "sensitive" kind, which smells a lot like Gloy from 1980's primary school rooms)
Cabana L'arrive
(Smells a lot like Werther's Original from 1980s primary school rooms)
The Guard is always a pleasure (it's my 4th favourite open-comb). I had considered filling the handle up with something to make it heavier, but realised the handle is designed to be held with the open end to the tap, rinsing the blade from both sides. Gillette do still make a single blade razor, and a very well designed one, which gives me some hope.

Wednesday 13th April 2016

The one that was just as good as yesterday

Hot shower
Wickham's Super Smooth V2 sample - Lemon Mint
Switchback brush
Woodhead scuttle
1966 Gillette Slim adjustable (4)
1971 Gillette Platinum (4)

The @Fox soap sample produced excellent protective lather and the Gillette Platinum blades are a revelation. The bright bunnies on other fora didn't have a good word for these "Surrey" blades compared to the "Swedes" but for me they are only a fraction less sharp than the vintage Wilkinsons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom