S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th March to Friday 10th March 2017

Monday evening:
Homemade pre-shave oil*
Niazi 5/8 Solingen SR, 1908.
Razorock Synth.
Razorock xXx.
Warm/alum/cold.
Myrsol blue a/s.

*consists of 30% grapeseed oil, 70% castor oil, 6 drops peppermint EO, 6 drops cedarwood EO.

Well, well, well, chaps! This was a good one tonight. A good few days growth mown down in record time! :D I joke about the 'time' aspect, but I wish the shave could have lasted longer, I was enjoying it thoroughly. The DIY p/s oil was a spur-of-the-moment concoction and worked wonderfully. I also have some made up with lavender EO, which I'm planning on using before some P&B Albion. The Niazi was stropped around 50 times each way on a freshly-pasted strop (Dovo black paste) and it seemed to refresh the edge wonderfully for me. I slowed down in my preparation, both of my face and the razor, and during the shave to give no nicks, no weepers and no irritation. The Razorock soap performed relatively well for the first pass but I ended up taking @bagman 's advice and added a couple of drops of glycerine, which seemed to make all the difference. The scent of xXx is lovely and clean, soapy and fresh. Myrsol blue isn't my favourite A/s by any stretch but it felt lovely going on today and I'm really in the mood for it's scent!

Tl, dr; I think this was my closest, most comfortable shave. I'd say it's a new benchmark for shaves to come!

I'm afraid, this week, I'll have to disagree with Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats and state that I have, in fact, enjoyed this particular Monday!

Hope it's been decent for everyone else.

4ed9af5c90f6cb558402ba9b81608c5d.jpg

-Henckels 13/16 FH
-Duke 3
-Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic
-Stirling Grapefruit

[emoji41]

Monday evening:
Homemade pre-shave oil*
Niazi 5/8 Solingen SR, 1908.
Razorock Synth.
Razorock xXx.
Warm/alum/cold.
Myrsol blue a/s.

*consists of 30% grapeseed oil, 70% castor oil, 6 drops peppermint EO, 6 drops cedarwood EO.

Well, well, well, chaps! This was a good one tonight. A good few days growth mown down in record time! :D I joke about the 'time' aspect, but I wish the shave could have lasted longer, I was enjoying it thoroughly. The DIY p/s oil was a spur-of-the-moment concoction and worked wonderfully. I also have some made up with lavender EO, which I'm planning on using before some P&B Albion. The Niazi was stropped around 50 times each way on a freshly-pasted strop (Dovo black paste) and it seemed to refresh the edge wonderfully for me. I slowed down in my preparation, both of my face and the razor, and during the shave to give no nicks, no weepers and no irritation. The Razorock soap performed relatively well for the first pass but I ended up taking @bagman 's advice and added a couple of drops of glycerine, which seemed to make all the difference. The scent of xXx is lovely and clean, soapy and fresh. Myrsol blue isn't my favourite A/s by any stretch but it felt lovely going on today and I'm really in the mood for it's scent!

Tl, dr; I think this was my closest, most comfortable shave. I'd say it's a new benchmark for shaves to come!

I'm afraid, this week, I'll have to disagree with Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats and state that I have, in fact, enjoyed this particular Monday!

Hope it's been decent for everyone else.
Nice post sir.

SOTD: 7th March 2017.
Tues.Shave.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Erasmic Soap bowl.

Blade: Super-max Super Stainless. (new)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Old Spice A/S.

Nivea Men: Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,
another early start for me today..we all learn with practise what shaving products work for you & don't...when i started DE shaving in 2016 one of my first soap & a/s splash are what i used in my shave today..the Erasmic soap has love+hate opinion's among the TSR members, for me it always performs wonderfully, providing me with a excellent lather, protection & a superb post shave feeling,adding to that it just goes to show living in a hard water area,i can get a excellent lather, where other Members on TSR have failed to do so.
A superb effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Every time i use shave with my Fatip Grande i get sublime shaving results..even with a non aggressive blade.
Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of old spice.My face feels smooth and refreshed.Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom