S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th April 2016 to Friday 6th May 2016

Sunday 1 May 2016

235801d1462104360-sun-may-01st-sat-may-07th-sotd-01052016.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox, 6/8 Full Hollow, Barber's Notch

Let's start this new month the right way! And, for me, starting the right way means having a luxurious shave, at least for the straighr razor. I in fact used my Mastro Livi CarboInox with lovely and awesome colors, adding impeccable class to my shave. The colors of this razor's blade makes me think about the sea: the blue twisted damascus steel makes me think about wavy waters, while the golden colored stainless steel looks like the sand of the beach. Pure art, pure beauty, pure luxurious and super smooth shave, genuine Italian craftsmanship and art. Not to mention the scales made of this stunning cocobolo wood with two colors. Yes, the month has started the right way.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Tabac Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Padouk Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox, 6/8 Full Hollow, Barber's Notch
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Sunday 1 May 2016

235801d1462104360-sun-may-01st-sat-may-07th-sotd-01052016.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox, 6/8 Full Hollow, Barber's Notch

Let's start this new month the right way! And, for me, starting the right way means having a luxurious shave, at least for the straighr razor. I in fact used my Mastro Livi CarboInox with lovely and awesome colors, adding impeccable class to my shave. The colors of this razor's blade makes me think about the sea: the blue twisted damascus steel makes me think about wavy waters, while the golden colored stainless steel looks like the sand of the beach. Pure art, pure beauty, pure luxurious and super smooth shave, genuine Italian craftsmanship and art. Not to mention the scales made of this stunning cocobolo wood with two colors. Yes, the month has started the right way.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Tabac Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Padouk Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox, 6/8 Full Hollow, Barber's Notch
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Nice to see you here also @razorguy very unique looking brush, beautiful! love smilie.gif

The Game-Changers
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave cream - Sandalwood
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Bay Rum
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Crown King Suave 26mm synth
Razor: ATT S1 + Kronos handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
After: Thayer's Witch Hazel, Barbershop Bay Rum AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

First use of my Crown King 26mm synth and I'm very impressed. It's like a L'Occitane/Plisson synth without all the disadvantages - firmer, more dense, decently heavy and longer handle. I enjoy the longer handle as it keeps my hands out of the lather so much, if you know what I mean.

Today I used all the products that have been game-changers for me; products which have put others in the dark. The brush is now top brush, I might find another (e.g. badger) that could beat it but TBH I don't have the patience or the money to find one. The ATT S1 is just so smooth and easy you forget there's a blade in there. B&M soap is top rate as always.

I suppose this is my pinnacle and I'd be happy just to use these for evermore. Then again where's the fun in that, there's still anymuch stuff out there to try.

Hope you are enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend.

SOTD_160501_zpszunqyrfg.jpg

Just a quick 'un before tea:
MWF
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Parker R89 head on Custom Stainless Handle
Gillette Swede [2]
Proraso AS
Boss Soul EDT

26479482240_9e9696bfb3_c.jpg

Lovely jubbly, aggressive little beastie this Parker head, my most aggressive DE I own. Oh and its NOISY too!!!
MWF simply knocks spots off artisan soaps for me, unless you don't like the scent of course!
I am not overly impressed with the NOS Gillette Swede blades, yeah they do the job, but there are far better modern and NOS blades for me...

Back
Top Bottom