P1010580.JPG

Fri 6th May

Vulfix 404 mixed
Lea Classic Soap
Gem Junior 1912- brass
Gem S/S [ 1 ] + 1/2 Spine Shim
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Break From Injectors- Back to a 1912.
Am amazed at how smooth and forgiving this Razor can be when fitted with a Shim even with a fresh blade.
Such a good shave today, did not even bother with my habitual Alum Rub/Rinse. Think must dig out the Damaskeene to compare the two directly.

IMG_0506.jpg

Friday

Proraso soap
Semogue 2012 SE
Gem blade
Alum
Pinaud Clubman AS
Nivea Crème

A little bit rough this morning, I'm putting it down to the first use of the blade. I find they can be a bit rough for the first shave.

ice-cubes 3.jpg

SOTD Fri. 5/6/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: Shave Moisture Shave
SS: Strop Shoppe Date Night
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Muhle R41/RR Jaws
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: Thallium by Yves De Sistelle
FCWS2.gif

Good morning everyone. After a seemingly endless run of perfect shaves today I had an uncharacteristically bad shave today. Two nicks which promptly closed up with the ice water and one cut under my left nostril that bled for a bit. Examining my shave there are only two things i did differently today. I snatched a Personna blade off my den shelf unsure of how many shaves are on it (I generally toss a blade after one use) and I used a PSO by Shea Moisture Shave which I really hated in the past, (tossed it in the garbage). For my third pass I reached for the N1 injector and salvaged this shave ending in a true BBS. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. Have a great day and a great weekend in advance guys. :)
pic33.jpg

Last edited:
Given that I easily get five or more shaves from a Personna blade, with the second and following shaves being better than the first one, I'm always surprised when people toss the same blades after one shave.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom